My Version of a Breakfast Sandwich

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I’ve never done a breakfast thread before so I decided to do one.
Now Bob Carroll is the master of the McBob breakfast sandwich, there is no doubt about that.
I also have been making my version of the McRich for about forty years in various ways. So I decided to show you one of my versions of a breakfast sandwich.

Start with a fresh loaf of homemade beer bread.
S1034376_zpscgsetx08.jpg

Add some homemade black pepper bacon.
S1034383_zpsiuutuwiq.jpg

A fried fresh egg cooked in butter
S1034384_zpsrtyhf0n6.jpg

With some pepper jack cheese placed between bear bread grilled in butter.
A little pineapple side and some fresh coffee.
S1034391_zpsebv0a9yr.jpg

S1034399_zpskurfb9kx.jpg

Very tasty and filling.

Thanks for stopping by.
Have a great week.

A perfect breakfast! Reminds me of my dad and his take on being healthy. Eat well work hard and things will work out!

Fine looking Bacon 'n' Egg "banjo".

A popular filling snack with British troops since at least World War I, the "egg banjo" is a sandwich of a runny fried egg between two thick slices of bread (if possible, buttered or with margarine), often accompanied by a mug of "gunfire". A popular account of the term's origins, possibly a false etymology, is the act of cleaning spilt egg off one's body, the sandwich held out to the side with one hand whilst the other wipes at the drips, giving the impression of playing an invisible banjo.

Since Bob Correll has the trademark for the original McBob, how about if yours is called the CrossanRich? It looks much better than anything
we would ever get from the King. The pineapple for the side is a great idea to go along with it too.

Yum!!!

Recipe for beer bread, please!! ;)

Rich

For those who want the recipe here ya go, very easy to do.

Easy Homemade Beer Bread

Serves: 8
Ingredients
• 3 cups self-rising flour
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• 12 ounces beer (whatever kind you prefer)
• 2 tablespoons melted butter
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, and beer. Stir together until just blended. The mixture will be lumpy.
3. Pour into a greased bread loaf and bake for 50 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and pour melted butter evenly on top of bread. Put back in oven and bake for another 10 minutes.

Yum!!!

Recipe for beer bread, please!! ;)

Rich

Here's the recipe for the beer bread , super easy.

Easy Homemade Beer Bread

Serves: 8
Ingredients
• 3 cups self-rising flour
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• 12 ounces beer (whatever kind you prefer)
• 2 tablespoons melted butter
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, and beer. Stir together until just blended. The mixture will be lumpy.
3. Pour into a greased bread loaf and bake for 50 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and pour melted butter evenly on top of bread. Put back in oven and bake for another 10 minutes.

Back