Mini Vacation In Wautoma

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Just returned home yesterday from a short vacation a little further north from here, in Wautoma Wisconsin.
Spent Friday thru Sunday at the Edenwood Ranch & Preserve.
Over 500 acres of a hunting preserve and ranch gives you a chance to explore the true nature and beauty of Wisconsin.
Liz' entire family was present as we all were there to celebrate the 90th birthday of her Dad on Saturday.
Our stay was truly Amazing!
Here are a few photos taken of the "wildlife".

edenwood.jpg

edenwood-001.jpg

edenwood1.jpg

edenwood2.jpg

edenwood3.jpg

edenwood4.jpg

edenwood5.jpg

edenwood6.jpg

IMG_3017.JPG

Everyone had a Great time and was sad to leave...

So which of the 4-legged photo subjects are now in your freezer?;)

Back in the '70s my dad's uncle had a few acres in Waushara County not too far from highway 21 but he was west of I-39 (US-51 only back then). It was the family gathering place for long holiday weekends like Memorial Day, July 4, and Labor Day and me and my cousins looked forward to the sandy soil and pine woods every summer.

Last edited:
So which of the 4-legged photo subjects are now in your freezer? ;)
:) not there to hunt, that is only in season mid-August thru January.
Brad, many parts of Waushara County remind me of the Northwoods of Wisconsin... we spent many times in the Boulder Junction, Manitowish Waters, Presque Isle and Minocqua/Woodruff areas... all beautiful sites of Wisconsin.

Beautiful place, looks like a great turnout. Love the animals. I used to spend a lot of time in the Dells as a kid in the summer time. My folks would vacation up there to get away from the city life of Chicago.

:) not there to hunt, that is only in season mid-August thru January.
Brad, many parts of Waushara County remind me of the Northwoods of Wisconsin... we spent many times in the Boulder Junction, Manitowish Waters, Presque Isle and Minocqua/Woodruff areas... all beautiful sites of Wisconsin.

Looks like a wonderful way to spend the weekend, Jim! I've been going yearly to Minocqua/Woodruff since I was about 7 years old, and have had many great stays in Manitowish Waters, Mercer, Presque Isle, and Rhinelander as well. The Northwoods is truly like my home away from home, and I wouldn't trade those years of memories for anything.

Cheers to Wisconsin!

Looks like a great place to get together. All those people sitting around waiting for you to cook something? :)

Looks and sounds like a great time was had by all.

Glad you and Liz were able to spend a couple days up in my neck of the woods. Having family with makes it all the better. :) I do a fair amount of fishing not too far from there.

Thanks for posting pics of your mini vacation.

Yo Ed... I wanted to contact you for a few brews (again!) but the "free time" was very limited and to "escape" from the grounds you had to ask to leave... The compound is secured by a remote double fence/gate to contain the wildlife inside INSIDE and the wicked outside OUTSIDE... that meant alarming the owners/managers to open the gates to leave and to return, quite bothersome.
We only left one time to gather a few things from Stoneridge after breakfast Saturday morn at El Popo... been there?

Congrats to Liz's dad on celebrating 90 years! Time to take his snow shovel away, he's earned it.

Jim;

That is a very cool place, and i bet the weather was great also. Me and the wife love that kind of place to unwind and enjoy what was before all of us got here.

Oh, when you said wildlife I thought....nevermind.
Looks like an awesome place and a super time even if it did poop the pup out!

When I read the initial post Jim I thought Wautoma sounded familiar, so I looked at it on Google maps. Sure enough, that is where we used to have a cottage on Witters lake! Brought back tons of memories when I zoomed in and realized exactly where I was looking at. I haven't been up there in well over 30 years, but the images of the bon fires (on the shore) scattered around the Lake and fishing in that crystal clear water are memories I hope I never forget!
Tim

Back