Mini Pit (Mini PBC) cook Chicken Quarters and baked potatoes.

KeithFWI

TVWBB Fan
Hi guys it's been a while. Just thought i'd show you how i hang meat or potatoes on the mini. The potatoes I used 2 hooks to get them lower. The capacity is now much more. 1/2 chimney gave me 350* partial air part of the way...stayed solid and done in 1 hour. Plenty of partial burnt left.

Quick dinner for two ..... Time for a mini. The potato looks great
I to say potatoes hanging over coals around 350* for 1 hour are about the best baked potatoes I can imagine. Olive oil, salt, poke some holes and foil. Totally even cooking on those suckers.

Great looking chicken, love the color and it looks juicy!
Matt believe me I was pleasantly surprised..didn't know what to expect in such a small area. like that.

Excellent cook and excellent use of your mini
I experimented some with my jumbo mini but I figured the little mini could hang small stuff so gave it a try. Now i'm thinking it might be able to do half chickens too...test that later, for sure can do half racks

Great cook, I'm going to give that a try on my mini (except no peas Barb hates them):p

Rich use your air intake pretty much like normal but don't use as much charcoal. The chimney had 1/2 and 1/2 partial and new briquettes and was only half full and i let it probable get 3/4 lit....I rarely let a chimney get all red hot glowing and want some unlit in the mix.

It got some white smoke but that was only the chicken grease...i'm sure you know how that goes!

Back