Mess o' Chicken

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Today was a work from home day, as I had some presentation material that I need to prep for meetings later in the week. Fortunately, with the gorgeous weather here, I had the opportunity to work outside while I grilled up a family pack of chicken thighs that I grabbed on sale this weekend. The Allingham 26'er was the perfect tool for this cook, so I put it into action!

I set up the grill for an indirect cook, using a bunch of leftover briquettes that I had. While the coals were coming up to temp, I removed the skin from the chicken thighs, and liberally dusted them with Fajita'ish rub from my friends at Dizzy Pig. The grill settled in at about 375, which was fine by me, so, on the thighs went (with the three monster ones closest to the heat.)

The view from my "office" (yes, the fence is leaning, but at least it isn't on fire like Clint's!!) :p:

38848817470_2913ae785b_k.jpg

Thighs after the first turn:

40617090622_2d95b29ec5_k.jpg

Pulled them off once the big 'uns were at 165-170:

38848816980_d96be4f7f0_k.jpg

Most of this chicken will be chunked/shredded for various meals over the next few days, but for lunch I couldn't resist serving myself a helping over seasoned rice with some Chile Colorado over the top:

40617428972_370eff203e_k.jpg

DELICIOUS!! All in all, it was a pretty low fuss grilling activity, and the results were a definite bullseye!

Grill on!

Rich

Rich G. An Excellent BBQ cooked meal. Well presented with great pictures, Thanks for sharing!

Chicken thighs are my favorite part of the bird. You did them a solid! I'm sure they tasted as good as they look!!!

Hey that wasn't My fence that was on fire........I don't even have a Santa Maria grill like <cough> Chuck O <cough>!

Great looking chicken (and yard)!

Do yourself a favor and try some Chicken Enchilada Soup like I made before I got your Chile CO recipe - I've made it with that CO sauce too. I just happened to pull 16 oz out of the freezer and I'm eating it right now.

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?72632-Chicken-Enchilada-Soup-amp-Smoked-Cheese

Did you win that 26"er?

The view from my "office" (yes, the fence is leaning, but at least it isn't on fire like Clint's!!) :p:

Ummmm......that would be Chuck. It's a California thing! :D

That chicken looks fabulous Rich. Outstanding looking Chili Colorado plate as well. That working from home thing is pretty cool.

Hey that wasn't My fence that was on fire........

Whoops! Sorry, Clint! Trying to be clever, and look where that got me. Well, actually, have you checked to make sure your fence ISN'T on fire?!? :)

Saved that link to enchilada soup....looks great.

I "won" the 26'er by making a small cash donation to Mr. Allingham......if I recall, the deal was done in a fast food parking lot in Santa Clara!!!! Very cloak and dagger like! ;)

:) my fence has been known to lean - I've replaced ~3 posts in the back section, and.....other repairs should be done........but later :)

Try it - I bet you'd like it, especially w/ that sauce. I made it with beef once, chicken at least twice. I saved a couple portions (~24 oz left) of the co sauce in the freezer too, I wondered if I'd try it over shrimp but then I saw the soup.

That beautiful chicken would hit my plate and be devoured before it was chunked/shredded for various meals over the next few days, if it were at my pad.
Keep em coming Rich..

That is awesome-looking! I would simply post a pic of the chicken for your business presentation ;)

Back