Merry Christmas - We're Moving To Xenforo!

I've already noticed a diff loading this site on my Amazon Fire Tablet. I no longer have to toggle to the " desk top site "

And I second the beer fund link.

I like the simplicity of vBulletin, and always have, on other forums too, but like this forum, many of the other forums moved on to something else due to end of life issues and such.

I certainly welcome the ability to upload photos. That is a huge plus.

Looking forward to the new format.

I've got the hosting. I've got the software. I've installed the software on the server. I've installed the import software. But now I'm stuck, I need help with the import process. Time to log a support ticket.

Rather than post the Beer Fund link which was for a fixed amount, I'm posting this link which allows you to enter any amount you want. This way you can buy one beer, a six-pack, and can vary the amount based on what you think a beer costs. :D

Seriously, thanks in advance for anything you can donate.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=A5MEMBH9YKAD6

BueFxsb.png

I'll be doing a test run of the vBulletin import process tomorrow. Hopefully it pulls everything in without any glitches.

Oh, so now you are going head to head against the Superbowl.
t0sG1c6.jpg

Good luck Chris. I hope it goes smoothly.

Oh, so now you are going head to head against the Superbowl.
t0sG1c6.jpg

Good luck Chris. I hope it goes smoothly.

X2.

Scheduling this sort of thing on Superbowl weekend is not all that stupid, traffic here will be generally pretty light. I'd expect Twitter, Facebook, et al, to have a code & configuration freeze on for the last week. If Facebook goes down, you won't need DownDetector.com, you'll hear the howling.

It’s not anything else, it’s a test and test again, all those little electron slaves need to put in the proper order. Some days, they just want refuse to do their jobs.
I think that was a good day to run the test!

I've got the hosting. I've got the software. I've installed the software on the server. I've installed the import software. But now I'm stuck, I need help with the import process. Time to log a support ticket.

Rather than post the Beer Fund link which was for a fixed amount, I'm posting this link which allows you to enter any amount you want. This way you can buy one beer, a six-pack, and can vary the amount based on what you think a beer costs. :D

Seriously, thanks in advance for anything you can donate.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=A5MEMBH9YKAD6
Just made a small donation, hopefully enough for a couple shots of your favorite hard stuff that are possibly needed by now. :p
The bbq advice from this forum has been priceless.

Chris, I just dropped a couple coins into the bucket. The question now is: Which will happen first, the first SmokeFires hit the driveways or the TVWBB gets a new home. My guess is we are uploading photos direct to our posts before Weber gets their show on the road.

Thanks for running this site and taking care of all this.

<badjoketime>No, Progress is a different database.....</badjoketime> And yes, Progress is a database engine...

If you want testing done, I can test from at least 5 different operating systems and sundry different browsers. And that's not counting Android or iPhone based devices.

Wow Chris, other than being able to post photos directly, are we even going to notice a difference. Looks great so far.
If you need someone to test something, let me know. I am really good at screwing stuff up and I don't even have to try. :cool:

Wow Chris, other than being able to post photos directly, are we even going to notice a difference. Looks great so far.
If you need someone to test something, let me know. I am really good at screwing stuff up and I don't even have to try. :cool:

I’m with Bruce, I can break stuff I don’t even own!

Thanks to all that have sent me a few beers (or even a six-pack or two!) on PayPal. You know who you are...I appreciate it!

Best,
Chris

Congratulations on the move! I've long used XenForo on my sites, since 1.0. It's infinitely better than vB for users and admins! Thanks for taking the time to do the migration!

Back