Meat from a local butcher

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
I was prepared to spend some of my, yet to be received, stimulus check on some good meats from Creekstone, SNF, or Porter Road, but the prices, as always, scared me away.
So instead I checked out a local mom and pop butcher shop, online, that I've been meaning to go to. They offered curbside pickup, so I placed an order.
A slab of STL spares, two 16 oz ribeyes, four 6 oz bacon wrapped filet mignons, and four pounds of bone-in rib chops. Total, a little over $80. I didn't unwrap the ribs, but everything else looks very good to me.

1587223639195.png

1587223688130.png

You're going to need help eating all that, Bob.....on my way! :) I think I'd stick to the local butcher. Good looking mess of meat.

R

I was prepared to spend some of my, yet to be received, stimulus check on some good meats from Creekstone, SNF, or Porter Road, but the prices, as always, scared me away.
So instead I checked out a local mom and pop butcher shop, online, that I've been meaning to go to. They offered curbside pickup, so I placed an order.
A slab of STL spares, two 16 oz ribeyes, four 6 oz bacon wrapped filet mignons, and four pounds of bone-in rib chops. Total, a little over $80. I didn't unwrap the ribs, but everything else looks very good to me.

View attachment 3127

View attachment 3128
Looks good to me too!

Buying local, especially right now, is important. Steaks look good now, just wait til you grill them. They'll look awesome. Just picked up some NY Strips this afternoon from a local grocer in our small town. He does his own butchering. Corn-fed Black Angus. Enjoy Bob.

Amazing haul, totally proves doing the right thing (shopping local) pays off. I buy from a local husband and wife butcher, they’ve been great to me for a long time. Kudos to you for looking out for YOUR local Mom and Pop, can’t wait to see what amazing things you do with all of that.

Nice colour on those steaks Bob. We lost our local supplier a few years ago due to a fire. That was a real loss around here. Luckily we are in beef country and this year were able to place an order with a local rancher that has gotten into retail. The freezer is looking good again.

Back