Looking for pork roast tips

Eric-NH

TVWBB Pro
Looking to cook a seasoned "pork blade portion roast" this Saturday. 4.1 lbs. Fire away with tips and tricks, never cooked anything like this on the kettle before! Thanks everyone! Picture of my outdoor "kitchen" included just for fun šŸ˜œ

Attachments

• PXL_20230701_155354625.jpg
    PXL_20230701_155354625.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 25
My favorite pork roast is a loin..... That my wife cooks in the oven. Garlic dressing inserted into slits all over it, and encrusted on the outside too. Its a lot of garlic

My favorite pork roast is a loin..... That my wife cooks in the oven. Garlic dressing inserted into slits all over it, and encrusted on the outside too. Its a lot of garlic
Just did that last weekend on the Genesis gold. Wrapped in foil, indirect at about 300. Was delicious!

Treat it like you did your loin more or less. I like a little higher temp for roasts like 350 ish.
Roughly an hour or so. Slicing the bone in ones can be ā€œinterestingā€œ the bone is such an odd shape. Salt and pepper, Italian seasoning, some sort of that treatment.

Since appears to be ā€œpre-seasonedā€ Iā€™d build a good indirect fire and drop it right in the center might be forty five minutes to an hour and fifteen but, a temp probe will be your friend here.
When are you cooking It?

Since appears to be ā€œpre-seasonedā€ Iā€™d build a good indirect fire and drop it right in the center might be forty five minutes to an hour and fifteen but, a temp probe will be your friend here.
When are you cooking It?
Great advice, thanks! Saturday is the planned cook, and I have a temp probe in the mail, should be here tomorrow

It will not ā€œsliceā€ easily but with some careful, thoughtful technique, it will be just a great dinner! You will be fine.
Come on, itā€™s a pork roast, they are so deliciously forgiving, nothing ventured, nothing learned!

Pork loin use indirect heat .temp 350Ā° on kettle thermometer.
The night before season the meat. Next day coat pork with yellow mustard. Cook until you get a internal temp of 140Ā°. Let sit for 10 mins. Dont over cook. You also can experiment with brines and marinades

Pork loin use indirect heat .temp 350Ā° on kettle thermometer.
The night before season the meat. Next day coat pork with yellow mustard. Cook until you get an internal temp of 140Ā°. Let sit for 10 mins. Dont over cook. You also can experiment with brines and marinades
Check OPā€™s picture, itā€™s pre seasoned and ready to hit the kettle. I love the simplicity of the ā€œready to goā€œ but, I find most of them too salty.

Back