Looking for a Kingsford sale

John Neuser

TVWBB Fan
Given the experience base of the contributors on this forum can some of you tell me when I can expect to start seeing some Kingsford sales? I'm down to about a bag and a half. If it matters, I live in Connecticut and have a Lowes, HD and Walmart in the immediate area.Thank you.

What's I've seen the past 2 years is this:

Right close to now, in the next 30 days HD will have a sale, (2) of the 20 lb bags, wrapped together for $10.

last year I left with a whooping 160 lb's of charcoal!

I wait for it, and when it happens again, I'll be sure to make a post on here. IIRC, there is no limit to how much you can buy.

Last year, I paid $7.88 just before Memorial Day sale at Lowes and just before Labor Day I paid $12.88. Both prices were for two twenty pound bags bundled together. I bought four hundred pounds each time. It certainly pays to stock up if you have room for it. Yep, I have some left over but I won't be scrambling this spring and paying high prices before the big sale.

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Wal Mart the last two years has had Kingsford for $5 something for a two pack of 16 lb bags at Memorial Day weekend. Best price I've ever seen. Goes very fast.

Jeff V - Kane County? Whereabouts? I lived in St. Charles for 4 years....I WILL return to see the changes since I left in 1967, I just don't know when I'll get back there. 1963-67 were my "formative years" and those are the years I spent in St. Charles....

I tell you, I can't wait to get stockpiles of the 2x20lb KBBs. I'm crossing my fingers it will be at half price as in years before. I recall buying a 2x20lb-er about 5+ years ago from Home Depot on one of those 4th of July sales, and my wife and I were wondering if we would ever be able to use up all that charcoal. (We rarely grilled back then). Well, the bags have weathered many seasons outdoors without any covering, and I just finished the last bag of that old purchase just a few weeks ago. But at the rate I'm using up charcoal these days, I think I'll need at least one or two large bags a month. And this time, I'm keeping them all in the garage!
These days, I'm just using Trader Joe's charcoal to hold me over until the sale comes up. The Trader Joe's brand works fine, but I miss the smell of Kingsford Blue!!!!

Last year Home Dumpo had them on sale Memorial Day 2/20 for $10.00 on Labor Day the price was 2/20 for $12.95. I only bought 100 pounds and that was when I had the OTS now that I have the performer I'm doing a lot more grilling then I did before so maybe 3-400 pound this time.

I know its not a big sale like the ones you are talking about but my costco coupons came in today and Mar 6th like 4 dollars and something off K Comp at Costco.

Given the experience base of the contributors on this forum can some of you tell me when I can expect to start seeing some Kingsford sales? I'm down to about a bag and a half. If it matters, I live in Connecticut and have a Lowes, HD and Walmart in the immediate area.Thank you.

I had to pickup a tiny 5lb bag from 7-11 last weekend to hold me over. *(&!*&&$

I know its not a big sale like the ones you are talking about but my costco coupons came in today and Mar 6th like 4 dollars and something off K Comp at Costco.
Does anyone have an idea how much the original Costco price is? I'm not sure I want to spend 10 minutes looking for a parking spot just to get a price check.
Also, I have never tried K Comp, and I've read on forums that the K Comp just burns hotter initially, but doesn't last as long as the blue bag. Don't know if it's worth the extra price.

Back