Lodge Dutch Oven

Thanks Bob :) . Unfortunately, Bass only carries the camp version (online info at this point). And problem with walmart is virtually every walmart I check on line is out of stock. I've got a "contact me" in to Lodge HQ as well.

Bob Correll lives near St L so I'm hoping he'll help me out as well.

Last edited:
If Amazon ships into Canada, they've got them.

If she is driving to KC, have her stop at Mills Fleet Farm - there is one right next to I-35 in Lakeville, MN - south of Minneapolis. (just looked up where Georgetown is - probably not driving).

Last edited:
If Amazon ships into Canada, they've got them.

If she is driving to KC, have her stop at Mills Fleet Farm - there is one right next to I-35 in Lakeville, MN - south of Minneapolis. (just looked up where Georgetown is - probably not driving).

They do but they want $90 (again with free shipping). FX is the big killer here for us (but it's so heavy, shipping does factor into it as well.

Actually they are driving with another couple.They like the scenery ;) and plan to do the one-way in a day/on the way back as well. It's a yearly pilgrimage for them and besides, we get to look after the grandchildren for the weekend :)

Looks like they'll just keep their eyes open while they do their ahhh-->duty free<-- shopping so to speak.

Bob C--> reason I mentioned S.L. was I figured they'd be driving through there to get to the Chiefs game and that it wasn't out of their way.

Last edited:
Len... Was at Sportsman's Warehouse today and took a look. $49.99 here. Let me know if you're in a bind. Maybe we could work something out.

Appreciate the offer Cliff but shipping would be the killer.

I truly appreciate all the help but what it comes down to is unless I can physically (ie: no shipping) get something near the Chiefs stadium (even anywhere in KC), I'll wait. I have one now but needed a second one . It's not a priority.

Only reason I inquired here was my daughter was going to the Chiefs game in the near future and if there was one on her way/near there, I was golden.

to original poster Steve: I apologize for hijacking your thread.

Lodge DO, the only way to fly.

IMG_1509_zpsdwq1crrc.jpg

If you are going new: definitely Lodge.

But I agree w/Todd: older Wagner or Griswolds, are going to be worth any premium. It's apples & oranges. The smoothness, the heft, the integrity that has held up for y-e-a-r-s, the true non stick of an aged, well seasoned tool, the knowledge that they will last another 75 years... Take your time and you won't regret it.

Myself... I would not pay a premium for old or collectible cast iron cookware (unless you are a collector).
New Lodge is just fine. It works as well as some of my "old" Lodge.

Back