Lets talk beer *****

I prefer beer made using the the german purity law fram 1516.
Apart from that, I usually try to avoid beer that has something to with these words:
Lite, dry, cold-filtered, Smooth, creamy, clean, rice and "brewed under licence".

Concerning the cost of beer, I am used to pay four dollars per half liter in the supermarket. If you go to a pub, bar or restaurant, the price is around 13 USD for 0.4 liters.

Cheers!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShawnW:
Maybe one day we can share a glass of suds and discuss this like gentlemen... with food and cigars.
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>That would be a Pleasure!
Thank you.

I love beer, but only drink rarely, so when I do I like a quality beer. Guinness is my go to drink most of the time, for lighter fare I like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Fat Tire.

I'm not a beer expert, but here's current IMHO:

I will say that going to a Miller lite after having a Blue Moon just plain stinks, to put it nicely! Just remembered that experience from a couple of months ago. The second beer really did pale in comparison.

I usually get Fat Tire or Sam Adams, unless I go to World Market and get a variety pack for kicks. (The Lucy and the Pauly Girl was good from my latest pack.)

I think it just depends on the moment and what I just ate or what I'm eating. If I could learn how to pick based on the menu, that would be cool.

For the money, I'd buy Yengling, but I do like the more remarkable beers...like Fat tire or Blue Moon.....

oh, if just grilling and hot and not et yet, I'd like something like a S. Adams summer ale.

I enjoy drinking a nice fresh glass of Hoptical Illusion, Summer Ale or any one of the other fine beers I can pour from my reusable glass growler filled Here. A fine brewery located just half a mile from my home. And yes, I do take advantage of it!
icon_biggrin.gif

I don't go for those fruity or flavored beers. I like a pils or lager but thats about it. And it has to be ice cold! I learned to drink warm beer in Germany years ago but have since lost my taste for it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Noe:
Dos Equis green bottle dressed does not get better than that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto, Also enjoying Sol as of late.

Like most people in Buffalo, NY I drink Labatt Blue, which comes from our neighbors north of the border. Funny but some of our Canadian members like Molson's over my beloved Blue.

You know,it's like a t-shirt I saw one time. It said," I fear no beer!". I ain't scared of none of 'em! But there are some I don't care for!
icon_biggrin.gif

Let's see what's in the fridge.... I have a rather large supple of guiness now (down to one case), a 2 gallon keg of Choc peach beer, some boulevard smokestack series, left hand, marshals, more choc, corona, shiner, and then there is the beer for your friends (bud, coors, keystone). Haha poor friends.

Like most there isn't many beers that I dint like (other than blue moon) but as of late have been into microbrewery beers from America. Gotta keep those local businesses going!

I'm from Kansas City, so I've always got a Boulevard of some kind in my hand. During the summer it's their summer brew, Zon. My usual go to from them is Unfiltered Wheat.

You just can't beat the great taste of a great beer. Plus, like others have mentioned, supporting the local economy. Anything craft brewers make, beats the pants off of the generic, mass produced, tasteless, non-American owned, "beer".

James G: gotta love the Smokestack, but share it with friends. You try to put one away yourself and you're done for the night.

My personal fave is Pilsner Urquell. High quality, but straight-forward and easy to find around here (Ontario). I only like it in cans though... the bottles taste completely bland to me for some reason, imho.

Truth be told though, even bad beer is good in the right context and cold imo. Coors light or Schlitz out of the can at a poker game? Why not.

I like most beers (aside from most light beers and anything by Budweiser); and what I drink varies based on weather, food, what's in the fridge, and my whims. Favorites are Guinness, Stella Artois, Pilsner Urquell, and you can't talk beer without talking about Chimay. That stuff is just magically delicious!

I'm also a fan of just about any IPA.

First off, this is a great topic. This has inspired me to try some new thing (not much of a lager fan, except for Spatan). I tend lean towards local craft brewed ales and Beligum Ales.There is a local brewery in LA called the BRUERY which specializes in creative Belgium style beers. You can find them at most Bevmo's in So Cal.

My easier-to-find favorites are listed below.

Great White -Lost Coast brewery, wonderful wheat beer. Think of it as a much better version of blue moon.
Old Rasputin - North Coast brewery - 9% al motor oil . Amazing flavors and the darkest beer I have ever had. Polar opposite of any Bud/Miller lite.
Stone or Alaska Brewery Smoked porter : We all know that smoke helps food, these two prove it helps beer too!

Duvel & Chimay Series- Great starter Belgium beers, but they keep me comming back. I highly recomend you try one of these if you have not.

After all this beer talk, I think I need to go pick up something new.

If you like Chimay and Duvel... you may want to try Scaldis. Another Belgian Ale carried by BevMo and it's very tasty. Strong (12%ABV) but good.

I like the Blue label Chimay. The red and white, not as much.

Back