Lets talk beer *****

I have a friend who claims that there are only two kinds of beer: Hot Bud or Cold Bud. As for me I like Dos Equis(Does that make me the most interesting man in the world like the man in the commercials?) Also enjoy Blue moon and in Louisiana we have a micro brewery , Abita Brewery that makes Abita amber that I enjoy they also have a dark ale called Turbodog. Gave some to a friend of mine he wanted to put in his crank case. Also enjoy Killiens Irish Red. Whe you come right down to it I will probally drink most any beer as long as it is cold and gold. Notice I said most any beer, there are some I wouldn't give to my dog.

Originally posted by Cecil:
I have a friend who claims that there are only two kinds of beer: Hot Bud or Cold Bud. As for me I like Dos Equis

--How much does a Dos Equis cost you in your neck of the woods as down here in Costa Rica I pay around $1.50 a can.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom T (Zachulus):
I don't see any reason to get beer from far away...my local micro-breweries are

Weyerbacher in Easton PA
http://weyerbacher.com/

Victory in Downingtown PA
http://victorybeer.com/

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen to that. And Legacy is not too far from you either. I'm a big Hedonism fan.

I'm surprised how few of the Mexican beers have been mentioned. For me,after 3 hours of yard work in 100dgr heat, it's an ice cold Dos XX. One so cold there is ice in the neck and it goes down in two pulls. The second one is for the enjoyment of the beer and that there is no more yard work for another week.

Going to the wingery tonight with a bunch of pals for wings and New Orleans Abita! Woo-hoo!....or do I get Sierra nevada pale ale? Maybe I'll try both.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave Russell:
Going to the wingery tonight with a bunch of pals for wings and New Orleans Abita! Woo-hoo!....or do I get Sierra nevada pale ale? Maybe I'll try both. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, we had fun last night. Our waitress was REAL nice, but thankfully, most in our party were gentlemen. Only one mentioned seeing her "other" tatoos.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Back to the Beer!: Abita Andygators will kick yo a#$!! It's like two for the price of one. I'd been warned, though.
icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave Russell:
Going to the wingery tonight with a bunch of pals for wings and New Orleans Abita! Woo-hoo!....or do I get Sierra nevada pale ale? Maybe I'll try both. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, we had fun last night. Our waitress was REAL nice, but thankfully, most in our party were gentlemen. Only one mentioned seeing her "other" tatoos.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Back to the Beer!: Abita Andygators will kick yo a#$!! It's like two for the price of one. I'd been warned, though.
icon_frown.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love Sierra Nevada. It's my pale ale of choice.

icon_rolleyes.gif

icon_frown.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dave, you like the Andygators? I was not impressed, but I didn't drink it with Q...maybe that would enhance things a bit?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Curt:

icon_rolleyes.gif

icon_frown.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dave, you like the Andygators? I was not impressed, but I didn't drink it with Q...maybe that would enhance things a bit? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, no, not among my favorites. I guess the high alcohol content must affect the taste?They had it on tap and it was recommended, so I tried a couple, and followed with a better beer, a Sierra Nevada Pale ale. Let's just say that I didn't need anymore after those three.

Samuel Adams has a great line of beers. I prefer their Boston Lager. If you are ever in Gatlinburg TN, try the brews at Smoky Mountian Brewery. Their Cherokee Red Ale is fantasic!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Craig C:
Samuel Adams has a great line of beers. I prefer their Boston Lager. If you are ever in Gatlinburg TN, try the brews at Smoky Mountian Brewery. Their Cherokee Red Ale is fantasic! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto on the SA's, Craig.

Also, I think they have a Smoky Mt. Brewery in Pigeon Forge. I had a couple of pretty good brews there, and a couple of months ago, while in east Tn, I met the most serious beer conissieur I've ever met. He's got a tap setup at his house like a bar. Anyway, as a local, he gave really good marks to the SM brewery. I'll have to give the Cherokee Red Ale a try when I'm over that way in October!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom T (Zachulus):
I don't see any reason to get beer from far away...my local micro-breweries are

Weyerbacher in Easton PA
http://weyerbacher.com/

Victory in Downingtown PA
http://victorybeer.com/

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto to this. I had the Weyerbacher Hops Infusion and it is a great beer. I enjoy Victory as well. Right on Tom!

Next weekend Stones Brewery in N.E. San Diego will be having their 14th anniversary beer fest. There will craft beers from small breweries all over the country and a few obscure imports. I have my ticket and I am glad that I married my designated driver.

Have you guys tried any Lienenkugel? Its a small brewery in northern Wisconsin. (not sure where all it is offered, they just started selling it here in NC about 2/3 years ago) I tried a few honey wiess at the bar in Lambeau Field (while in Green bay for a Packers game) and really liked it. They had a beer called 'apple spice' and I REALLY liked it. But as it is with small breweries, they offer beers for a while and then stop making them.
When I drink 'Big Brand' beer, its pretty much Mic. Ultra. (ice cold, its hard to beat)
Anyway, as long as its real cold,(and not a Bud or Bud light)they all hit the spot on a deck next to friends and a loaded grill or smoker!!
Enjoy, and hoist one for me!!

I've had Leiny's. I have a few buddies in the GB area and I visit them yearly (usually).

I live in the San Diego area (just northeast of it) and we have Karl Strauss and Stone Brewing.

Both make excellent beers.

That picture of the Pilsner Urquel has me wanting to take a short drive to BevMo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim (the grillaholic):
Have you guys tried any Lienenkugel? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since the early 80's, drank the lager and Big Butt when in season. Like Sam Adams I like some of the beers but not all. Big Butt is my fav but also like the Creamy Dark and the Red, my wife likes the Shandy and Sunset Wheat. They are price well also, $1/bottle unless on sale.

Nothing, I repeat nothing tastes like a Pilsner Urquel straight from the tap in Prague. It's almost worth the trip just to enjoy that taste. No kidding!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim (the grillaholic):
Have you guys tried any Lienenkugel? Its a small brewery in northern Wisconsin. (not sure where all it is offered, they just started selling it here in NC about 2/3 years ago) I tried a few honey wiess at the bar in Lambeau Field (while in Green bay for a Packers game) and really liked it. They had a beer called 'apple spice' and I REALLY liked it. But as it is with small breweries, they offer beers for a while and then stop making them.
When I drink 'Big Brand' beer, its pretty much Mic. Ultra. (ice cold, its hard to beat)
Anyway, as long as its real cold,(and not a Bud or Bud light)they all hit the spot on a deck next to friends and a loaded grill or smoker!!
Enjoy, and hoist one for me!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I enjoy a Leiny as well from time to time, ice cold preferably, but they're not especially small. They're owned by SABMiller and produce almost 500,000 bbls per year, so they're not even a micro any more. Some folks make a point of trying to steer away from the Big Three in order to support the locals, so it can be nice to know such things.

Back