Leftover prime rib

Yessir! My SIL used to live in Cambridge Wisconsin, I forget the name of the lake but they had a restaurant that used to serve them.
Great with a bowl of au-jus.

Mark, I've had a lot of luck with Maurizio's recipes and process.....here's his take on Sourdough Baguettes (which you could easily make with ADY, too.....) I usually aim for 330g baguettes, which might be called a baton when I'm done shaping as they are necessarily short/fat to fit my stone. :)

R

Thanks! I have San F Francisco sourdough starter in the fridge. (Live in Sonoma county). Will make the rolls with that. Need to get pickled cherry peppers..

1/16" slices with a sprinkling of salt are good just by themselves!

I have prime rib, potatoes and gravy from last night and will be making myself an open-face sandwich (aka Manhattan) tonight.

Kountry Kafe in Fifield, WI makes an excellent prime rib hash.

Last edited:
Mark,
That is a great looking prime rib and cheese steaks on homemade sourdough baguettes sounds amazing, but I just have to through out there... maybe French dip sandwich on that homemade sourdough. A good French DIP is one of favorite sandwiches ever. Make a homemade au jus, reheat the meat in that and serve on those baguette, just on option. My order is one cheese steak and one French dip, so you deliver?😁

Any recipes?
Here's the thread on the loafs I've been making lately. I have changed it up a bit though. I have been doing two larger loafs instead of the three the recipe calls for. I haven't been doing sourdough as we let our started go when the flour crisis hit. Probably could start again as flour seems to be stabilized and people aren't hoarding it. Guess everyone that jumped on the baking band wagon werwen;t cut out for it!!!!

Made tuna sandwich last night with home canned albacore, home grown wasabi sprouts and toasted baguette.

50641878661_491751ed10_c.jpg

French dip I made a few weeks back on the smaller three loaf baguettes. This was a round roast that I smoked on the 14.5 WSM with cherry and KBB. So good!

50538499553_9260ee2024_c.jpg

Mark,
That is a great looking prime rib and cheese steaks on homemade sourdough baguettes sounds amazing, but I just have to through out there... maybe French dip sandwich on that homemade sourdough. A good French DIP is one of favorite sandwiches ever. Make a homemade au jus, reheat the meat in that and serve on those baguette, just on option. My order is one cheese steak and one French dip, so you deliver?😁
Michael, You mean to tell us that you don't treat your cheese steaks like a french dip and serve them with Au Jus??? I always have Au Jus with mine!

Here is what I did. Sorry there is no picture.

made Au Jus. Simmered meat in till warm. Used the meat to make cheese steaks. Order was Au Jus on toasted roll, meat, grilled onions, peppers, and provolone cheese. melted cheese under broiler. Served with Au Jus on the side. Wasn’t fast enough to get a picture.....

Thanks to all for the suggestions. Wife had me write down what I did and wants me to make it again!

Back