Kirkland Stainless Grill - is this a new thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year I posted on this Costco had a very nice Kitchen Aid gas grill they were selling below what they were selling the Weber for. I can't remember the details but I think it had alot of stainless also. I assume this is now replaced by the Kirkland unit. Need to go in my store this week I will check out what they are selling for grills this year.

The grill looks really interesting. I will have to check it out next time I get there. It does say the cookbox is 304! I will have to bring a magnet with me to test it out. Did not see pics of a top IR burner but it says it is there. The only thing that someone here mentioned is that flame shield covering all the burners. Probably makes for even heat, and good longevity for the burners, but I am thinking it would be tough for heat to get out from under it. It may cook more like an oven than a grill.

I have a Sams membership, but the closest is 85 miles away. Really, I only got it because I bought new tires for my truck last year and their price was lower than any one else, plus, with all the discounts and everything, it was a no brainer. But, I am lucky if I get back there once a month now and I have a two person household, so buying bulk groceries is not a good move. And they don't even have a gas station, so no savings there, even when I am in the area. I could really see the benefit of either for people living near one with larger family, but for me, it just isn't in the cards.
The online part of the stores are good too, but if I really want something shipped to me, I can have my sister order it with my shipping address.

The grill looks really interesting. I will have to check it out next time I get there. It does say the cookbox is 304! I will have to bring a magnet with me to test it out. Did not see pics of a top IR burner but it says it is there. The only thing that someone here mentioned is that flame shield covering all the burners. Probably makes for even heat, and good longevity for the burners, but I am thinking it would be tough for heat to get out from under it. It may cook more like an oven than a grill.
Joe,
The one I mentioned and posted pictures of with the solid shield is their grill from 4 or 5 years ago. Looks like the new one initially posted in this thread has conventional flavorizer/deflector bars. The old one definitely accumulated complaints from owners of inadequate heat.

I just came back from Costco that grill looks very nice I wonder who is making that for them I think it was Nexgrill in the previous model but it looks a lot like that Kitchen Aid I mentioned that I saw last year but can't remember did not take a picture of it. The Weber E335 was on sale for $799 it looks very nice also but no stainless grates which if I was in the market would be a deal breaker not gonna deal with cast iron down here.

We are only 2 in my family now there is still plenty of stuff we buy at Costco in bulk its not a big deal. When I buy Filet's I just foodsaver what we don't eat and use the rest later same with the lamb chops. I just came back with 2 boxes of Starbucks k-cups on sale 72 to a box they are not going to go bad and compared to Kroger they are substantially cheaper the same with the Filets and chops. As Larry said the gas is always cheaper so in the end we have no problem getting our membership money back.

But we are fortunate to live within 5 miles so running up their for whatever is no big deal.

The only one I see on the website is https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-stainless-steel-6-burner-gas-grill.product.4000098457.html No sideburner and $1000 But it does have SS grates.
imageService

If you can't make this argument, you really shouldn't be shopping at club stores. And even if you can, you still need to ensure that you actually needed everything you purchased at the club store, and that you needed 50 pounds of it, and that you didn't mind storing it, and that it was in fact actually cheaper there than at regular stores. Even so, you are still going to generally be down at a club store because the break even point for most people comes late in the shopping year.
I agree with most of these points.

A couple of years ago, I recouped my annual fee in a single transaction when I bought new tires at Costco. We save a lot when buying Costco gas at home and when travelling, it's almost always the lowest price. Using the Costco Citi credit card got me $700 back on purchases last year, including 2% on Costco purchases and 4% on Costco's already low gas prices.

But I would go so far as to say that it's fine to pay for a Costco or Sam's membership even if your level of purchases doesn't completely justify it. If you enjoy occasionally shopping at Costco for Kingsford Competition charcoal and chuck short ribs and USDA Prime briskets and don't recoup $60 in value, there's nothing wrong with that. People blow money on things far stupider than a warehouse membership!

I bought tires for my daughters car there 4 or 5 years ago and the price could not be beat. I was talking with the manager of the tire department and said they only had 1 or 2 stores that made money in that department they were selling at wholesale. Although he did not spell it out you got to do something while they are doing your tires so go in and spend a few hundred shopping. Kind of like the gas prices, go fillup your already there drop $200 shopping or whatever. Might as well grab a slice of pizza or dog while your there also. :)

My quick research makes me think it is a Nexgrill creation. I have noticed that Costco will typically follow model number conventions of whoever the manufacturer is of a product and given the model number 720-1068 it follows right in with Nexgrill naming series. Though I cannot find anything similar in the Nexgrill lineup
As for buying tires at a club (Costco or otherwise). I shop only Discount Tire. I have been trading exclusively there for the last 15 years or so. They have never let me down, prices are as good or better than the clubs as well. There are other reasons I only shop Discount Tire but won't go into them here as it may run afoul of the "rules".

Happened to go to Costco today as my wife wanted to look at plants. Took a fairly close look at the grill. It's nice but the frame is painted steel. It definitely had the Kitchen Aid look with both the cabinet and lid handles... so I think the Nexgrill call out is legit.
For $100 less though, I'd go with the Weber with the side burner.20230501_133325.jpg

Attachments

• 20230501_133257.jpg
    20230501_133257.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230501_133012.jpg
    20230501_133012.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 20230501_133310.jpg
    20230501_133310.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 15
  • 20230501_133306.jpg
    20230501_133306.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 14
That's like the third or fourth pic with the PVC and hose clamp I've seen and have never seen anywhere else. Is that like to protect customers from smashing fingers or to protect the grill from slamming?

That's like the third or fourth pic with the PVC and hose clamp I've seen and have never seen anywhere else. Is that like to protect customers from smashing fingers or to protect the grill from slamming?
All the grills in Costco I looked at today you cannot close the lid bungee cords or something holding them up. Sure your probably correct no slamming lids nor smashing fingers.

If it is, it's not doing the job well. I opened the lid and that contraption did nothing to prevent opening or closing the lid.

Happened to go to Costco today as my wife wanted to look at plants. Took a fairly close look at the grill. It's nice but the frame is painted steel. It definitely had the Kitchen Aid look with both the cabinet and lid handles... so I think the Nexgrill call out is legit.
For $100 less though, I'd go with the Weber with the side burner.
20230501_133012-jpg.70010

Hey @PHolder - based on Jay's picture, it looks like you could head back to Costco to get $100 off your purchase from a couple of weeks ago - I'm assuming they would honor the new sale price. This is the one that followed you home, right?
https://tvwbb.com/threads/thinking-of-going-to-the-dark-side.94254/post-1091245

If it is, it's not doing the job well. I opened the lid and that contraption did nothing to prevent opening or closing the lid.
My store as I said you could not open or close the lid I did not notice the PVC in the front was not there they had corded it from the back of the lid or whatever with something but you could not close it for sure. It was in an open position.

The reviews of the earlier model that I posted were far from stellar as well. I think that grill is actually made fairly well, but the design is more like a Holland grill or pellet grill than a gas grill that can do steaks, burgers and chops with a sizzle. Seems like a waste of those very cool FLAT top stainless grates.:unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back