Kirkland Stainless Grill - is this a new thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with most of these points.

A couple of years ago, I recouped my annual fee in a single transaction when I bought new tires at Costco. We save a lot when buying Costco gas at home and when travelling, it's almost always the lowest price. Using the Costco Citi credit card got me $700 back on purchases last year, including 2% on Costco purchases and 4% on Costco's already low gas prices.

But I would go so far as to say that it's fine to pay for a Costco or Sam's membership even if your level of purchases doesn't completely justify it. If you enjoy occasionally shopping at Costco for Kingsford Competition charcoal and chuck short ribs and USDA Prime briskets and don't recoup $60 in value, there's nothing wrong with that. People blow money on things far stupider than a warehouse membership!
i'd add to this to try CostcoTravel.com. we have been using them as our travel agency for a few years now and the cash back on membership, citi card and actual vacations saves us around 12% on each trip we book through them.

the money saved by buying in bulk is fine as retail, smaller sized products just seem somewhat unreasonable these days. we still have to run the dishwasher, laundry, need TP, bbq fuel, eat and drink (costco has an amazing wine selection that you can't really go wrong with).

I am convinced that was made by Kitchen Aid for them. Jay pointed out the handles and I have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher same handle its kind of their trademark those handles. NexGrill really does not play in this higher end market and again I think its the same grill they carried last year with their name on it instead of Kitchen Aid.

Does this look familiar I get its not freestanding but the control panel looks the same as well as the handle.

I think the Weber is a good deal and would buy that before I bought the other one but again the cast iron grates are not going to work I got better things to do than baby sit grates. For me it would be perfect if the Weber had stainless grates, I have a Silver C could care less about the side burner or the rotis. I don't think I have used my side burner more than twice in the last 3 years.

Agreed - those reviews are brutal. If reviews and returns continue like this, Costco is not going to be happy they put their Kirkland brand on this one.
I read all the reviews too, it's interesting that so many mention Costco's generous return policy. I read that as "I'm pretty sure this product is going to disappoint me but as long as they take it back"... Personally, I don't want to have to return something like that after I have made the poor decision to buy it in the first place. I'm going to stick with the Weber for the win.

A thought about the clubs. Both Costco and Sam's have an "Executive" type membership. I forgot what Sam's is called. But in both cases I get so much back, the memberships MORE than pay for themselves, I buy gasoline exclusively at Costco as well since on avg their price is .30 to as much as .60 less than ANY surrounding stations except Sam's (unless I trek up to WI which I also do regularly) The station at Sam's sadly is so poorly designed though, I can drive the 3 miles further to Costco, fill and be going past the other in less time than waiting in the lines. The Sam's station makes it look like 1973 gas lines LOL
In any case, in Sam's I actually earn so much cash back it pays for my membership and that of my daughter as well. Costco, almost the same. I get excellent quality products in both stores (especially meats). Far better than any supermarket and at far better pricing.
Also, one other thought. I am VERY cynical and analytic by nature. Also brutally honest. I purchased that MM pellet grill last year. Other than an electronic glitch in the control panel................it has been exemplary and continues to make me extremely happy. Yesterday turning out a tri tip to die for. It's proven itself to be so good I am actually looking at getitng a second one. I took my Genesis apart ostensibly to bring it up to Bruce to have the frame repaired. Honestly for as many years as I loved and used a Genesis. I don't even find myself missing it.
Anyway if I felt the product was not well made and performed well. I will say so. But even at it's full price I cannot find a better made one for the $$$.
Anyway just my $.02
Same.
We only use 2 credit cards.
Southwest Visa for all on-line purchases and travel, and the Costco Executive card for everything else.
We get two checks...one for the Executive membership,(I think in September) which pays for the membership, and the annual rebate check, (every February), which averages $800.00.

I am convinced that was made by Kitchen Aid for them. Jay pointed out the handles and I have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher same handle its kind of their trademark those handles. NexGrill really does not play in this higher end market and again I think its the same grill they carried last year with their name on it instead of Kitchen Aid.

Does this look familiar I get its not freestanding but the control panel looks the same as well as the handle.
It looks like you are right and wrong. :) You are correct that it is probably the same manufacturer as last year's KA grill. But it looks like Nexgrill made that one as well.

1682973561428.png

Steve I stand corrected Larry was correct it is Nexgrill never knew they licensed the Kitchen Aid name assume its a bit higher quality than their normal stuff under the Nexgrill name who knows.

I saw the reviews as well on it. And quite honestly I would say 90% of the bad ones are more due to people today not being very bright. They're nearly all due to lack of common sense more than anything else.

I don't know about that Larry on the reviews its only 11 but they are recent so obviously we need to see more reviews to make any kind of a judgement on the product. So far its not looking good but the sample size is too small, I am with Steve for $799 all in on the Weber don't care what the Costco return policy is its grilling season no need to aggravate yourself buy that grill and then have to take it back the Weber is a safer choice.

You should not have to be very bright to operate a gas grill. :)

Brett your killing me here still can't stop LMAO.

Step 1 open the lid very important, Step 2 turn the propane tank on providing you actually hooked it up, Step 3 hit the ignition button after you turn the knob to the light or start position or whatever. :unsure:

Step 1 open the lid very important, Step 2 turn the propane tank on providing you actually hooked it up, Step 3 hit the ignition button after you turn the knob to the light or start position or whatever. :unsure:
I work with the general public for a living. Nothing amazes me anymore. Nothing.

Let's start a fight about the right way to start a grill now, I'll begin., 😁 I always light my grill with the lid closed. I can tell whether it lit or not by the sound it makes.

Let's start a fight about the right way to start a grill now, I'll begin., 😁 I always light my grill with the lid closed. I can tell whether it lit or not by the sound it makes.
When I had the NG Summit, my order of operations were for turning on:
Ensure all knobs are closed position
open valve at house stub
Pressurize line for 10 seconds
Turn open and ignite one knob
Then open adjacent knob and ignite
Then open remaining 4 knobs
At least one will fully ignite the gas
Listen for the whoosh sound
If all knobs open and no whoosh by 6th knob, immediately close all 6 knobs then open to vent hood for 30 seconds and then close hood and repeat

I always got the NG to light by the 3rd knob. Keeping the lid closed ensured I was able to get the grill lit; wind or no wind conditions.

I am a little hard of hearing, but I can always tell the gas ignited when I have the lid closed by the flames that shoot out the sides. Sometimes the lid even does a little dance to accentuate the fact that the gas ignited. :D

I am a little hard of hearing, but I can always tell the gas ignited when I have the lid closed by the flames that shoot out the sides. Sometimes the lid even does a little dance to accentuate the fact that the gas ignited. :D
Yep, I think I shared what happened to my brother doing this. Blew himself against a brick wall, hit his head, knocked himself out, singed off his eyebrows. Yeah, lighting lid down. At least to his excuse he was too young to know better. :D

Yep, I think I shared what happened to my brother doing this. Blew himself against a brick wall, hit his head, knocked himself out, singed off his eyebrows. Yeah, lighting lid down. At least to his excuse he was too young to know better. :D
My son and I witnessed my son-in-law light the Spirit E210 we gave them with the lid closed. I recall a comment about Darwin and Natural Selection.

That’s why you don’t open all the valves. The goal is to NOT achieve rocket man status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back