Killagrilla grates

One for the performer and one for the E6....It think I got the right one for the E6 here...it says 24"
I really want to find an alternate solution....I can afford it but I am having a hard time finding the value in this purchase.
Shipping would still be extra and it's $92 to deliver one its probably an easy $40 more to add another in there...
So probably $130 added to the $344....working on $500 for 2 grills.....
It is kind of BS, my performer was $500.

1628087820260.png

Killa Grilla will not ship to my address...it also appears that any Canadian address is not allowed, even though Canada shipping is an option.
Fun stuff.
Do you live near the border? I live near Detroit. When the travel restrictions are lifted, you could ship it here and I could meet you near the bridge.

It would be an only option if someone like yourself could help me out.
I am 2 hours to get to Detroit, I could also drive to you instead of asking you to drive to the border.
I don't see much of the restrictions going away anytime soon unfortunately.
I appreciate the offer, thanks!
Apparently I can get across the border, as my boss is right now for 4 days because he is a new grandfather....but has to quarantine for 13 days upon return home.....good way to get out of 17 days of work......;)
I don't have an excuse at all to go across.

It would be an only option if someone like yourself could help me out.
I am 2 hours to get to Detroit, I could also drive to you instead of asking you to drive to the border.
I don't see much of the restrictions going away anytime soon unfortunately.
I appreciate the offer, thanks!
Apparently I can get across the border, as my boss is right now for 4 days because he is a new grandfather....but has to quarantine for 13 days upon return home.....good way to get out of 17 days of work......;)
I don't have an excuse at all to go across.
Well if things change, let me know. I drove to Detroit every day for about 20 years. I can meet you at Slows and have lunch if things work out. Either way, good luck.

I will and thanks again.....
The problem is I need to get this looked after soon....but we will see.
Slow's, I have heard of it, was that the joint that made the triple threat?

It’s easily worth the $100, I hate paying for shipping these days.
I did purchase the SNS version with the large flip up side.
Me too as I also have the SNS Version. The shipping and the Costa Rican Custom Duties almost doubled the price of these nice-looking grates.

This is all for the 22" to replace my stock performer grill.
So basically what I can get here in my area.
Killa Grilla with shipping $200 through Etsy, thanks for that link again.
There are a few others that will only ship from the USA so shipping is a lot on any others too.
What I can get for free shipping and would work.
Non stainless Weber GBS replacement. $62.99
SNS 304 stainless, easy spin.....not sure why that is a thing but it is $99.99
I may go with that last option here this weekend....
Just waiting on one more item at that bbq store location to come back into stock.
Anyone use the SNS at all? I feel like it isn't as sturdy as the killa option, I highly doubt it is the 1/4 inch thick steel.
I think it will last longer than stock for sure, at least 2 times longer than the Weber option but I don't know if it will hold up to the vortex cooking.
My 2 GBS inserts I purchased may also no longer be much useful unless I just put them on top of the new grill. The 12" cast pan would work okay on the top but the searing grate may have no more use. This is okay I don't use it anyways, only 2 times now.
Anyone have experience with any SNS stainless cooking grates?
I would appreciate any views on it if you have. Thanks!

I have two SnS stainless grates. Both are replacements from the original purchase. One had broken welds and one was seriously warped from new. Made in China. SnS was good about replacing them right away but it was still an inconvenience having to send them back. They are equivalent in construction to the Weber grates but the hinge fits the Slow n Sear a bit better. I do use the spin feature occasionally, but it's not that much of a benefit. They haven't rusted so far, I like that I can just toss them in the dishwasher.

View attachment 34107
Best pork chops I’ve ever cooked, pulled at 143-145. Moist, even the wife was impressed. 1/2 competition and 1/2 death dust from Oakridge, fantastic!
Welcome to the 145 club, I do pork tenderloins all the time on my Performer and that is when I pull them 143-145. I like the tenderloins cause I use leftovers to make Cubans only 2 of us now so hard to eat a whole one at a sitting.

T
SNS 304 stainless, easy spin.....not sure why that is a thing but it is $99.99
I may go with that last option here this weekend....
Just waiting on one more item at that bbq store location to come back into stock.
Anyone use the SNS at all? I feel like it isn't as sturdy as the killa option, I highly doubt it is the 1/4 inch thick steel.
A couple of years ago I added the SNS Easy Spin Grate to my then Weber Master Touch which I have since gifted but transferred the "Easy Spin" to my Weber Performer Deluxe and up to this date I remain one-happy SNS customer. Over the last few years I have added the SNS Plus,SNS SS Elevated Grate, SNS SS DripNGriddle Pan and SNS SS Mini Drip pan to my BBQ Arsenal. These purchases were not cheap as I needed to add Costa Rican Shipping and Customs Duties Costs which almost doubled the original price of these outstanding BBQ Items. As I recall I bought all of these items during the various SNS promotion discount days :)

Last edited:
I have two SnS stainless grates. Both are replacements from the original purchase. One had broken welds and one was seriously warped from new. Made in China. SnS was good about replacing them right away but it was still an inconvenience having to send them back. They are equivalent in construction to the Weber grates but the hinge fits the Slow n Sear a bit better. I do use the spin feature occasionally, but it's not that much of a benefit. They haven't rusted so far, I like that I can just toss them in the dishwasher.
I do see the larger charcoal hinge for the SNS which I have too, I find that very convenient compared to the Weber grate sized door. This was part of my main likes of the killa grilla along with the heavy gauge stainless. It would be nice to buy a quality product and have it arrive in new and perfect fashion. I hate sending things back. So not super thick gauge but they are good stainless and they last. I was looking for something to stand up for a pretty long time. This Weber grill, using at much as I do will need to be replaced every 8 months it feels like. Mine was new in October. Ever throw the vortex under it over and over? I don't use that much but sometimes, I just don't want to damage a new product.
Thanks for the review.

It’s easily worth the $100, I hate paying for shipping these days.
I did purchase the SNS version with the large flip up side.
How did you enjoy the SNS grill, you have all the cooking grates, you may notice above I have not a ton of choice besides going broke buying the killa grilla. Now that you have used them all a bunch of times how would you rate them all, even the stock grate. Looking for the pros and cons of the SNS with the larger SNS sized flip up door.

I do see the larger charcoal hinge for the SNS which I have too, I find that very convenient compared to the Weber grate sized door. This was part of my main likes of the killa grilla along with the heavy gauge stainless. It would be nice to buy a quality product and have it arrive in new and perfect fashion. I hate sending things back. So not super thick gauge but they are good stainless and they last. I was looking for something to stand up for a pretty long time. This Weber grill, using at much as I do will need to be replaced every 8 months it feels like. Mine was new in October. Ever throw the vortex under it over and over? I don't use that much but sometimes, I just don't want to damage a new product.
Thanks for the review.
I don't vortex under the SnS grate, I use the Weber Gourmet grate with the hole in the center.

Love the killagrilla grate, I won’t be without a slow n sear again, it’s exactly how I like to set up 2 zones.
the Hunsaker shipped is a freaking bargain.
Looking forward to building the new performer tomorrow and getting some steaks going.

Love the killagrilla grate, I won’t be without a slow n sear again, it’s exactly how I like to set up 2 zones.
the Hunsaker shipped is a freaking bargain.
Looking forward to building the new performer tomorrow and getting some steaks going.
Didn't you post on this thread you had an SNS stainless grill?
Or maybe as my mother would say it's better to say nothing than to say something bad?

I have 3 KillaGrilla grates and tried to buy a grate for my WSM 22 this week. However, every time I put in my address their address correction software changed my address from Mt to Mount.
Anyway, I ordered a grate from Hunsaker on Tuesday and it arrived Thursday. I am very impressed with theIt Customer Service and the grate I received. The KillaGrilla grate with shipping would have been twice the price of the Hunsaker.

Back