Killagrilla grates

I would really like to upgrade my grate.
It’s the standard one on a performer and I don’t much care for it.

It has to small of an opening to access my coals on my sns.
The extra openings like for the wok and the extra lid thing also makes it harder to clean.
It also doesn’t spin that well.

I saw one on the cooking with AB channel that looked nice. It spins like a roulette table so that is concerning and I think they are no longer making those.
The sns one looks pretty good as well.
The Killagrilla looks like the best one so far but it is rather pricey.

What do y’all think is it really worth it for what I need ?

Thanks.

I would really like to upgrade my grate.
It’s the standard one on a performer and I don’t much care for it.

It has to small of an opening to access my coals on my sns.
The extra openings like for the wok and the extra lid thing also makes it harder to clean.
It also doesn’t spin that well.

I saw one on the cooking with AB channel that looked nice. It spins like a roulette table so that is concerning and I think they are no longer making those.
The sns one looks pretty good as well.
The Killagrilla looks like the best one so far but it is rather pricey.

What do y’all think is it really worth it for what I need ?

Thanks.
It’s a killa grate but if money is a concern the Hunsaker will treat you good. Unless you need the SNS opening, that’s not available through them..
like a bunch of guys say on this forum. Might even be a sticker, Chris?, buy once, cry once!! That’s how I feel about the killa grills.

I would mimic that of course, just didn't know if people actually stuck it under the grill....I have never so I wouldn't expect anyone else to.
Here you go dude, not recommended for the faint of heart! I have had both the KG & the Vortex for at least 4 years now, still going strong!

Attachments

• IMG_3352.JPG
    IMG_3352.JPG
    232.1 KB · Views: 26
This is all for the 22" to replace my stock performer grill.
So basically what I can get here in my area.
Killa Grilla with shipping $200 through Etsy, thanks for that link again.
There are a few others that will only ship from the USA so shipping is a lot on any others too.
What I can get for free shipping and would work.
Non stainless Weber GBS replacement. $62.99
SNS 304 stainless, easy spin.....not sure why that is a thing but it is $99.99
I may go with that last option here this weekend....
Just waiting on one more item at that bbq store location to come back into stock.
Anyone use the SNS at all? I feel like it isn't as sturdy as the killa option, I highly doubt it is the 1/4 inch thick steel.
I think it will last longer than stock for sure, at least 2 times longer than the Weber option but I don't know if it will hold up to the vortex cooking.
My 2 GBS inserts I purchased may also no longer be much useful unless I just put them on top of the new grill. The 12" cast pan would work okay on the top but the searing grate may have no more use. This is okay I don't use it anyways, only 2 times now.
Anyone have experience with any SNS stainless cooking grates?
I would appreciate any views on it if you have. Thanks!

The SnS EasySpin grate isn't bad. I'd say it's a very comparable thickness to a standard Weber grate, but it's made of stainless steel.
I have one, but it's been hanging on the side of my Performer ever since I got a KillaGrilla. I honestly think the KillaGrilla will last my entire life and I'm 37 years old today. Can't say the same for the EasySpin, with regular use I imagine with would last 3-4x longer than a basic standard grate. Which is still a good value. I think I paid closer to $50-60 for my EasySpin.
I personally would not use the EasySpin grate with a Vortex blazing underneath it, but do it all the time with KillaGrilla.

Ordered a killa grilla grate with SNS for the 26” glen blue, hoping to fire it up for the first time Saturday night!

Ordered a killa grilla grate with SNS for the 26” glen blue, hoping to fire it up for the first time Saturday night!
Hooked on that SNS basket.......I feel you.
We were headed out on a cabin rental trip and I didn't want to give up my bbq taste I get at home and if you have ever been to a rental, generally the bbq's are the throw away every few years type. Beat up, dirty and the cooking grill is about as thick as bicycle spokes.
So I picked up a Jumbo Joe for the trip and my next trip in the fall, on my order page I immediately added the SNS to fit it. It's a tough purchase but I know how much I like the deluxe model in the 22" so I went for it right away. BBQ price $90, SNS price $60.
Works like a charm. That 26" model SNS looks pretty big, I think you are going to enjoy that too.
I still need to get my grill, going to order today or tomorrow. I wish I had more options but I think I am going to be happy with what I am going to get. The next one will be to fit the 18" down the road, after I wear out the stock grill a bit. Probably an SNS too as it is easy for me to obtain.

Hooked on that SNS basket.......I feel you.
We were headed out on a cabin rental trip and I didn't want to give up my bbq taste I get at home and if you have ever been to a rental, generally the bbq's are the throw away every few years type. Beat up, dirty and the cooking grill is about as thick as bicycle spokes.
So I picked up a Jumbo Joe for the trip and my next trip in the fall, on my order page I immediately added the SNS to fit it. It's a tough purchase but I know how much I like the deluxe model in the 22" so I went for it right away. BBQ price $90, SNS price $60.
Works like a charm. That 26" model SNS looks pretty big, I think you are going to enjoy that too.
I still need to get my grill, going to order today or tomorrow. I wish I had more options but I think I am going to be happy with what I am going to get. The next one will be to fit the 18" down the road, after I wear out the stock grill a bit. Probably an SNS too as it is easy for me to obtain.
For the way I have cooked over the years it just makes more sense than the baskets. Looking forward to the extra space on the 26“ I did some chicken thighs the other day and got a lot carried away on the char I was going for. Promised the wife and kids I would nail it next time, hopefully this Saturday.

For the way I have cooked over the years it just makes more sense than the baskets. Looking forward to the extra space on the 26“ I did some chicken thighs the other day and got a lot carried away on the char I was going for. Promised the wife and kids I would nail it next time, hopefully this Saturday.
Based on this clip you should nail everything every time now.
:p

1629206611187.png

I got my SNS about a week after my first Weber.
After reading a lot, it seemed like the best option.
By far my best purchase.
I would trade all my accessories just to keep the SNS basket.

There is no option anywhere I can now find a SS grate, possibly one with no doors, from a company I have never heard of is my only option. Local bbq store has sold out of the SNS options and currently do not have an order in to restock says SNS. Re visiting that ETSY option...The shipping is absolutely killing me. My Weber stock grill is getting surface rust after every use...I can clean it for the most part but the side that gets heat all the time is the rusty side, so it's either use it and hope for the best....indirect gets rust or sear side will get rust.....or not bbq on that grill anymore.
No one wants to ship international anymore. There never used to be a problem but apparently now there is.
The postal code I used is for the next town over from me, so I can get an idea on the shipping.
I keep trying to justify the purchase. The grill prices I can live with.
It's almost the same price as buying a new performer!!!
Yeah, they want $177 for shipping, it's ludicrous.
This order would be for the 22" and also a replacement for the Jumbo Joe as that grill looks like it won't last too long at all.
The grate for the 18 is $15 more than I paid for the bbq.!!
Killa Grilla and Hunsaker both are not an option for shipping, they do not offer it.
Any other idea's? I had to wait until yesterday to put an order in and my procrastination put me in this position.
Thanks for any help!

1629300802151.png

Yes. Ouch.
So there was a message to retailer section and I sent a message with my concerns over the shipping prices.
Mark, I believe from killagrilla was very quick to respond to my concerns. While the shipping on 1 grill was about half of what I posted above he says Etsy doesn't do well with shipping on multiple items. He advised me to go to killagrilla.com and then I explained my situation.
He said to give him my shipping info and he would see what he could do.
So waiting on a shipping quote from Mark now, it's only been about 45 minutes.
He may be busy working or something so I may not see it until tomorrow.
He said both grates are about 20 pounds....I know it's going to be higher than I want it to be but I would jump on it in a second if he could ship it for around $50. I don't care if it takes a couple of weeks in low end shipping.
I may be part of the team now.....hopefully. The grill will out live me! The bbq retailer I buy everything off of is telling me they have the 22" SNS available in store but not online, as well as the 18 inch option too.
Not sure how that works but it's a 3 hour drive into the city for me, population 2 million so this isn't a choice.
I asked if they could make changes so I could buy online. This option is way cheaper, so we will see. I would love the killagrilla, I guess it hinges on shipping.

Darryl,
I went with the SnS Easy Spin to use with the Slow n Sear. My OEM grate will still be very useful for the Vortex and accessories for the GBS. I really like the Weber griddle and searing grate but the original cooking grate is less than desirable with the SnS. We will see what I end up with. If the quality of the one I receive sucks, it will just have to go back. They will make it right.

I like the griddle as well, I don't use the sear grate as much as I thought I would. I probably could but fell it doesn't need it often.
Maybe if I was showing off or cooking for someone that would expect it I would.
I would also purchase the SNS model, it would appear as though the killa option is the most superior grate around.
I found some custom fab shops around that could fabricate it for me. Would it be polished like it should??? The cost for a 1 off would pretty high too I would assume. These things keep me from inquiring. 1 guy that said he could do it makes things like this out of 3/8 bar. Holy cow that is a thick grate considering killa is .250.

Also do you live in Ontario Colin...lol, did you buy the last SNS I was seeing available.....;)

Hopefully things are good. Went ahead and put my order in for the 18" for the Jumbo Joe......that grill that came stock isn't very good at all. Went with the large SNS flip up door on that one as I run the SNS in that bbq too. Also picked up the performer grill with the 1 large flip up door that works with the SNS as well. We held off on the E6 replacement. It's still pretty new and the fire never gets up to the grill anyways. It is all smoke and deflector all the time.....That stock grill might actually last a few years going that way. Not sure the WSM guys would probably be able to chime in on that one. He said to pay the full amount ( higher shipping ) and then he would credit back the difference. He got back to me with a pretty good quote for 20 pounds of shipping. Should be good, this isn't traditional but I have no reason not to believe him.

Also do you live in Ontario Colin...lol, did you buy the last SNS I was seeing available.....;)

Nope, but I did drive up to Toronto once. Bought a wrecked Pontiac Solstice in 2007 and brought it home. It was a ***** bringing it back through the Winsor tunnel! Then, US Customs, those people treated me like I was an eff'n terrorist! Beautiful country though, I just loved it but winters are long enough here in KC.

I ordered the 22.5" East Spin for the new Performer that's coming and a drip n griddle to go with the charcoal basket for the Jump Joe. Haven't cooked on it yet. I've only used it for a patio fire pit. Going to fix that. 😀

Back