Killagrilla grates

Mr. UPS visited yesterday.
Not going to lie, after shipping and brokerage and taxes these are my most expensive add ones yet, both of them.
Have to clean them up and see how they fit still.
Going to break one in tonight, and which depends on the weather.
Flanked rib cook tonight.

Attachments

• 830D6AA8-1C1D-412E-A33F-39BE0E834218.jpeg
    830D6AA8-1C1D-412E-A33F-39BE0E834218.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 505EBCED-C7C2-4950-A8F3-32205F8D8655.jpeg
    505EBCED-C7C2-4950-A8F3-32205F8D8655.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 984F1BFF-E4EC-4C8C-B8F4-F2E7326CDAAF.jpeg
    984F1BFF-E4EC-4C8C-B8F4-F2E7326CDAAF.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 0B654440-CA65-4B74-B14E-ED00C203C55D.jpeg
    0B654440-CA65-4B74-B14E-ED00C203C55D.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 20
Yeah, it took a bit to get over it but once I use them I will get past it I am sure.
Told the wife to put a magnet on one of them...
She just looked at me.
Is it doesn't rain we will use the 22" today, if it does rain we will be using the 18.

I just order TWO killaGrilla grates, one for my Master Touch and one for my Smoky Joe. I am excited, but still a little in shock at how much I spent on grates (it is equal to what I paid for the two grills). My late father-in-laws kettle will be moving to it's new home my house this weekend and it will be time to clean her up, fix her up and get her grilling. I really think my Aura Kettle Zone System with SS grates will be going into that grill when it is cleaned up and the KillaGrilla will be going in my Master Touch. I really can't believe that I got one for my Smoky Joe, but I also can not believe how much I love and how often I use that little grill. I blame you Bruno, I blame you!!!

Nice......you are going to love them, seriously thick grates, I could probably jump on them if I knew the welds would hold.
I just got another bill from UPS for what apparently they forgot to charge me with the import fees into Canada.
I paid them $36 and thought it was fair...now they want another $63. So $100 for them to bring it across the border and get it to me.
From Tennessee.
I just got this bill yesterday and have it in my hands....sounds stupid.
I guess I have 2 choices and 1 of them involves UPS never delivering anything to me again.

So add that to the total and that equals about $225 per grill delivered to me.
1 is 22"
The other is 18"
Obviously they were slightly different in price but not by much.
So on average about $225 per grill give or take $5 per grill, its been a month but the number kinda still burns in my head. When I pay this bill.........of course.
I love them but oh man they are super expensive for me.
I was going to replace the E6 grill too, probably not very soon though, I just got my stock replacement through warranty.
Probably not ever if I continue to always just use it as a smoker....
Was going to make wings on it tomorrow.........I wanted to see how hot I could get that baby up to.
I would like to think it would blow the kettle away in what I can get going on there.
Never tried using it for grilling......hopefully 2 or 3 Weber baskets glowing hot should last 40 minutes?????
Or should I fill the bottom grate and use deflectors?
Or just a big pile of lump on the upper grate?

I just order TWO killaGrilla grates, one for my Master Touch and one for my Smoky Joe. I am excited, but still a little in shock at how much I spent on grates (it is equal to what I paid for the two grills). My late father-in-laws kettle will be moving to it's new home my house this weekend and it will be time to clean her up, fix her up and get her grilling. I really think my Aura Kettle Zone System with SS grates will be going into that grill when it is cleaned up and the KillaGrilla will be going in my Master Touch. I really can't believe that I got one for my Smoky Joe, but I also can not believe how much I love and how often I use that little grill. I blame you Bruno, I blame you!!!
Well I hope you love them, I certainly am happy with my purchase. I feel like I’m covered for a long time.

Well I hope you love them, I certainly am happy with my purchase. I feel like I’m covered for a long time.
Oh, I know I will, I am already wearing out the super thin original grate that come with the Smoky Joe and I need to add a grate as I add my father-in-laws kettle so it was time to take the leap.

I'm really surprised that you have made the commitment to the SJ, I would have thought that you would have upgraded to the JJ before buying new grill grates or even the Go-Anywhere model.

I'm really surprised that you have made the commitment to the SJ, I would have thought that you would have upgraded to the JJ before buying new grill grates or even the Go-Anywhere model.
No, I have no plans on upgrading my travel grill/home searing station at this time. I love that Smoky Joe! A little bit of red hot coals and bam it's 600 degrees! Less coals and cruising at 400 while I am using the kettle for another function. When I add my late father-in-law's kettle to the arsenal this weekend, I will have more grills then my little grilling area can handle. I am seriously equally excited to get the grate for the little one as I am for my Master Touch.

You'll love them. Very hard to describe their "beefy-ness" over the internet. Once you hold them in your hands, you'll be glad you bought them. Will outlast your kettles and you'll get to pass them down to your kids/grandkids one day.

Well that little guy SJ, will definitely be brawny with the new grate, almost half of the weight of the Joe will in the grate!
My "travel" grill was an easy travel grill, the JJ
I added the KG grate and seriously it more than doubled in weight.
I took it with me and posted all those pics a week ago on holidays and to travel with it now is a big difference.
I am not really complaining about it at all, the grill was wonderful but it changes the bbq itself totally.
Not sure the stats for the weight of the JJ but the grate was over 8 pounds.
Likely I would say close to 2 times the weight of the stock bbq.

Last edited:
My "travel" grill was an easy travel grill, the JJ
I added the KG grate and seriously it more than doubled in weight.
I took it with me and posted all those pics a week ago on holidays and to travel with it now is a big difference.
I am not really complaining about it at all, the grill was wonderful but it changes the bbq itself totally.
Not sure the stats for the weight of the JJ but the grate was over 8 pounds.
Likely I would say close to 2 times the weight of the stock bbq.
Did you have him send the JJ grate in 2 pieces? Or just 1 full one?

Did you have him send the JJ grate in 2 pieces? Or just 1 full one?
The 18" grate comes as one piece like all the other grates. It also has the big door in it that is the same size as the SNS for the JJ.
Maybe I don't understand what you are asking?
I posted pics in this thread of both grates when they arrived.

The 18" grate comes as one piece like all the other grates. It also has the big door in it that is the same size as the SNS for the JJ.
Maybe I don't understand what you are asking?
I posted pics in this thread of both grates when they arrived.
Just a brain fart on my end. Mixed up the Go Anywhere with the JJ. I've got the Go Anywhere and had the grate come in 2 pieces so it would back away easier....also nice for piling up a minion on one side for indirect.

My Killagrilla grates and my Weber replacement parts both got here on Friday. Just started to clean up my late father in law's kettle, I will make a new post for that process when I have more done.
IMG_20210930_165131700.jpg

I am a little disappointed. They sent me the wrong smaller grate. I sent an email on Friday, another today, but I have not heard anything back from them. I will keep you posted on that. I will have to wait to sear a steak on the Smoky Joe until later.
IMG_20210930_165834047.jpg

However, today was the day to break in the new grate for the Master Touch. No better way to do that then with the vortex.
IMG_20211004_164543653_HDR.jpg

And some Peruvian Chicken.
IMG_20211004_164816739_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211004_175024143.jpg

IMG_20211004_175330164.jpg

Back