Kettle Pizza

Andy Erickson

TVWBB Pro
Did a couple of pies the other night. Love how thing cooks.

dKcGJC0.jpg

CPmZBdp.jpg

tf2QM3v.jpg

iIxFxsP.jpg

Those pies look real good! Looks like you have your pizza dough dialed in. Jealous.... because I still struggle with my dough upon occasion.

Nice looking pies. Shouldn't need the bricks though. Instead of having the food grate on its normal tabs with the KP sitting on top of it, pull the grate, drop the KP into place then set the grate down to rest on the 3 lower bolts stick in gout inside the KP. Before doing so, make sure that the wing nuts on the KP are horizontal so that the grate will lay flat. When you set the stone down in the grate in this position, it should be at the perfect height.

Those pies look real good! Looks like you have your pizza dough dialed in. Jealous.... because I still struggle with my dough upon occasion.

Haha...A little secret here, those were Trader Joes pizza doughs I used. They are awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice looking pies. Shouldn't need the bricks though. Instead of having the food grate on its normal tabs with the KP sitting on top of it, pull the grate, drop the KP into place then set the grate down to rest on the 3 lower bolts stick in gout inside the KP. Before doing so, make sure that the wing nuts on the KP are horizontal so that the grate will lay flat. When you set the stone down in the grate in this position, it should be at the perfect height.

Thanks for that tip. Will see about doing that next time.

It looks like the handles are resting on the top of the kettle bowl already maybe it’s just the angle of the photograph?
Or am I misunderstanding something?

Man that pizza looks delicious. Wish we cook get our KP out and use it, but with the fire restrictions going to have to wait a while.

Back