Kettle Pizza Virgin

Andy Erickson

TVWBB Pro
Got the kettle pizza deluxe kit on clearance for $20 last week at my local Wal Mart. Decided to clean out our leftovers and make some pizzas. We already had the whole wheat pizza crusts from Trader Joes and also leftover hamburgers and grilled chicken. So made some pizzas with the leftovers to try out my new toy.

The kettle pizza worked like a champ and I couldn't have been happier. Got the fire up to about 650 to 700 degrees and the pizzas only took about 5 minutes to cook flipping them 180 degrees halfway through. Also learned to build the pizzas directly on the peel with a nice coating of cornmeal on the peel to help it slide.

One of the most fun cooks I've had in a while.

IMG_3130_zps2swx8qvh.jpg

IMG_3134_zpsvgx6j0tc.jpg

IMG_3136_zpsaylmtmxh.jpg

Cheesburger Pizza

IMG_3137_zpsjg4stmz5.jpg

Chicken and veggies Pizza

IMG_3138_zpsxisq6pyn.jpg

Tomato slices and Italian Seasoning Pizza

IMG_3139_zpso1jugwyx.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking pies Andy. I'm supposed to pick up my Kettle Pizza kit today from Walmart after one huge fiasco. I hope my first attempt goes as well as yours did.

Andy awesome job on those pies. Just remember you can always freeze the pizzas and then have them another time.

Wanted to tell you the pizzas look terrific, but wanted to say first.... Holy Crap! $20 for a Kettle Pizza deluxe!!! I spent more than that in just tax. What a deal.

Back