Keeping up with the Dahls

russ olin

TVWBB Platinum Member
Today Deb & I celebrated our 36th anniversary. We got married up in Steamboat Springs Colo when I was working up there.
She had picked up a nice choice rib roast.

Seasoned it up with Penzey's English Prime rib rub & pepper. Then let it sit in the fridge for the day.
Deb has been busy here too decorating for Christmas. She put up two tree's before Thanksgiving.

Roast is in the spinner, will let it cook to about *125 and take it off. Used some hickory wood for smoke flavor.

Reached *125, let it rest while the fries were finishing. Gonna be guud

Sliced in half

And Deb's plated pic

The roast came out perfect. The best way to fix a rib roast is on the Weber Rotisserie. It cant be beat.
Thanks for looking at our Anniversary dinner,
Russ & Deb

That looks perfect, Russ! Great way to celebrate your anniversary. Best to you and Deb!

Rich

Big time congratulations are in order for 36 years together - happy anniversary Russ and Deb! The rib roast looks outstanding and cooked to perfection. Love all the Christmas decor too!

Great Looking Ribeye! Nice Smoke! Congratulations, and Happy Anniversary!

Congrats on 36 years! What temp did you run the grill, am curious on trying this soon!

Daum

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on 36 years! What temp did you run the grill, am curious on trying this soon!

Daum

Here's wishing you and Deb many more years of happy anniversary's from Barb and I.
Very nice dinner, that rib roast looks superb and your home looks beautiful and festive. Enjoy the holidays.

Nice job, looks really tasty. Now you have given me an idea. Next month, my wife and I have our 40th and doing a nice rib roast for the whole gang sounds better than going out (we both don't particularly like restaurants too much). Oh, and happy anniversary.

WOW!!!!!

IMG_4487_zps55z82puy.jpg

Place looks great, this your 3rd Christmas there?

Daum

- - - Updated - - -

Daum

Daum,
I filled the charcoal baskets with lump charcoal. Any charcoal will do. Got them blazing hot, threw the meat on and turned the bottom way down. I wanted the meat to smoke for a while. The temp coming out the top checked with the thera pin was *300 at this point. After 20 mins or so, I open the bottom vents and just let it rip. Checked the roast at about 45-50 mins it was *120. Spun it 4-5 more mins, pulled it off at *123 then let it rest under a foil tent. Then sliced it open.
Did not check the final temp, from the looks of the meat it was *135. Just remember when you get to *120-125 it really goes fast. So pull @ *130 meat will rise on its own. Good luck and hope that this helps.
old grill goat

- - - Updated - - -

WOW!!!!!

IMG_4487_zps55z82puy.jpg

Place looks great, this your 3rd Christmas there?
Thanks ChuckO, yep its our 3rd Christmas here.

Back