Just picked up a couple Redhead grills

Its so easy when you can get them for like 40 bucks or less...
I understand, a lot of guys do the same exact thing when they start out. The good thing about it is having a bunch of parts to pick from to make the nicest grill(s) for yourself. Lids and control panels especially, then things like z bars and frame parts. Eventually you will be left with a bunch of substandard parts, maybe enough to put together crappy grills that you can sell for $40. The circle of grill life!

Summit and newer Genesis are easy to flip for a quick $600 profit but these older ones are more fun to work on. Is there a market for resale though. Probably depends on the area you live in?

Well I sold and donated about a dozen this year so far but now that I'm getting these older ones I don't want to get rid of them.
I get it. The ones with the slats are pretty much the only ones I mess around with. There is something about them that is very desirable. They look great and they cook great. I've been using one since 1998 and don't ever want anything else.

I get it. The ones with the slats are pretty much the only ones I mess around with. There is something about them that is very desirable. They look great and they cook great. I've been using one since 1998 and don't ever want anything else.
That's awesome! I'm excited to finish my first one tomorrow. Except when I get back from vacation I'm going to switch up the wood on it.

Agreed. I had my 99 since new and got it for free on top of that so I figured I can spend a few bucks and mess around and rebuild a couple at this point.

Back