Just picked up a couple Redhead grills

Finished for now. Still have to decide what I want to do with the wood. For now I just sanded down the original wood and haven't decided what I want to put on it. Going on vacation for the next couple weeks and then when I get back I'll get some really nice replacement wood. I'm thinking most likely that sappy maple I posted earlier.Screenshot_20240620_114936_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20240620_114924_Photos.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240620_114924_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240620_114924_Photos.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 7
Wow !!!! Thats a beauty!

Let me know when you first fire it up --- I'll come over with a flat of chicken and a bottle of bbq sauce to season it properly!

Finished for now. Still have to decide what I want to do with the wood. For now I just sanded down the original wood and haven't decided what I want to put on it. Going on vacation for the next couple weeks and then when I get back I'll get some really nice replacement wood. I'm thinking most likely that sappy maple I posted earlier.View attachment 93797View attachment 93799
Wonderful job! I err on side of keeping things original mostly and if i get a newish grill with the slats in good order i retain the Weber orange/fake tan look for authenticity.

However, i have been tempted with swapping for something more exotic but then i remind myself its a grill!!

Again, sterling effort and the bug has got hold you now!! Ur f@@ked 😂

Back