Just picked up a couple Redhead grills

That looks nice. I just used cedar and stained it and cleared it heavy.

Wonderful job! I err on side of keeping things original mostly and if i get a newish grill with the slats in good order i retain the Weber orange/fake tan look for authenticity.

However, i have been tempted with swapping for something more exotic but then i remind myself its a grill!!

Again, sterling effort and the bug has got hold you now!! Ur f@@ked 😂
So true!!!😂

Wonderful job! I err on side of keeping things original mostly and if i get a newish grill with the slats in good order i retain the Weber orange/fake tan look for authenticity.

However, i have been tempted with swapping for something more exotic but then i remind myself its a grill!!

Again, sterling effort and the bug has got hold you now!! Ur f@@ked 😂
Thank you!
So true! My weberitis is getting worse with these older models

That looks nice. I just used cedar and stained it and cleared it heavy.

Okay okay I'm motivated now. Looks beautiful Danny! I'm out in the garage putting a couple of coats of thick polyurethane on and it's looking pretty good it's bringing out some of the character while still maintaining a rustic look. I still might change out the wood but I'm liking what I see so far. I'll keep you posted. @LMichaels also

Last edited:
Josh, immediately tell me what brand them burner tubes are, I love that center burner, never seen a center tube like that.
You do great work, your grill looks beautiful 🤙This is what I've been working on for a week.View attachment 93845
Thank you I appreciate that!
That's a nice one!!!

The center burner tube is an original Weber. They don't make them or sell them like that anymore but I've been lucky enough to pick up four of these grills now and they all have the original center burner. One of the many reasons I'm trying to pick up as many of these as I can.

Hongso. I Convinced my boss since I have used it for department events multiple times, that they should buy the parts. He is obviously well aware that I use the facility off the clock to work on these things. But I wanted to see them prior to purchasing them myself, lol.

I have never came across a grill with the middle burner tube with two sets of holes in them.
Tons of burner tubes did have spider guards on them but all also had the small metal screen under the plastic spider guard.
Not sure why some people put on the plastic quards with the metal spider guards 🤔
But anyways, the dual flame looks cool😉
I have many plastic spider quards1000007142.jpg

Last edited:
I have never came across a grill with the middle burner tube with two sets of holes in them.
Tons of burner tubes did have spider guards on them but all also had the small metal screen under the plastic spider guard.
Not sure why some people put on the plastic quards with the metal spider guards 🤔
But anyways, the dual flame looks cool😉
I have many plastic spider quardsView attachment 93879
If you have a forever grill that you're keeping and need a dual slit center burner and you can't find one near you. I can probably send you one of mine.

@LMichaels
@DannyGarcia
Thank you both and others for inspiring me to experiment with my original wood slats instead of purchasing expensive exotic Sappy Walnut. I sanded down the original slats and put a high gloss clear polyurethane three coats. After I sanded it down the wood was a bit plain looking but after I treated it with polyurethane it now has contrast in kind of a rustic looking natural way. I think it suits it quite well and doesn't ruin the look.

What are you guys think?20240620_213931~2.jpg20240620_213507~2.jpg20240620_213635~2.jpg20240620_214028~2.jpg20240620_212046~2.jpg
Here's a picture of her from 2 weeks ago when I picked her upScreenshot_20240620_223231_OfferUp.jpg
Just like the saying goes. One man's junk is another man's treasure

Last edited:

Back