Just picked up a couple Redhead grills

@LMichaels
@DannyGarcia
Thank you both and others for inspiring me to experiment with my original wood slats instead of purchasing expensive exotic Sappy Walnut. I sanded down the original slats and put a high gloss clear polyurethane three coats. After I sanded it down the wood was a bit plain looking but after I treated it with polyurethane it now has contrast in kind of a rustic looking natural way. I think it suits it quite well and doesn't ruin the look.

What are you guys think?View attachment 93880View attachment 93881View attachment 93882View attachment 93883View attachment 93884
Here's a picture of her from 2 weeks ago when I picked her upView attachment 93885
Just like the saying goes. One man's junk is another man's treasure

Very nice.

Will last another 30 years

Reading this thread got me inspired to pick up a free redhead myself. I've been sticking with the Silver/Gold/Platinum grills until now but the fun of refinishing and completing one of these 13 bar beauties became irresistible. Thanks Josh!

Reading this thread got me inspired to pick up a free redhead myself. I've been sticking with the Silver/Gold/Platinum grills until now but the fun of refinishing and completing one of these 13 bar beauties became irresistible. Thanks Josh!
I caught the bug for these 13 bar beauties also. I've been picking up as many as I can. I'd really like to get a green lid next or one of the next ones. Can't believe it took so long for these to catch my eye. I have refinished tons of newer Weber's and maybe they're easier to flip but these old ones are just amazing grills!!

Back