Just picked up a couple Redhead grills

Okay you guys better start posting all your restoration projects. I'm happy to share mine but I want to see what you guys are building. Anything from a simple deep clean to an extremely high level build. It's all interesting to see.
Hey, I just provided what I think is a very nice start to finish restoration thread, but you're right. It's grill **** and I need to see it too. I'm counting on you to provide me with some😜

You know, I used to feel that way about the wire racks too but I've come to embrace them. Those grills still have slats and those wire racks are so easy to restore compared to bottom tables. The Skyline grill in particular has to keep it's wire rack, it's one of only three parts that separate it from a Genesis 1000 LX.
What’s the process you use for restoring the wire rack, especially those with rust?

Just wire wheel, rust reformer, then paint?

Yes. Or have them blast and then paint. I am not sure I would want to try to wire wheel one of those things though unless it was just a little touch up.

You know, I used to feel that way about the wire racks too but I've come to embrace them. Those grills still have slats and those wire racks are so easy to restore compared to bottom tables. The Skyline grill in particular has to keep it's wire rack, it's one of only three parts that separate it from a Genesis 1000 LX.
The wire racks are also much easier to keep clean and in good condition. That was what I really liked about the Skyline 1200 I had. I just found a 1000 with an original wire rack and wood tables. It has a good shot at being my daily (or other) driver.

Heres one for you Josh..... a restored SSP. I know, it takes the fun out of it being restored already, but thats Brian and he does really good work! It would go nicely with your redheads. He's a good guy to meet --- old long haired hippy looking guy that always reeks of smoke :) I would almost bet you'd be able to trade him a 13 bar for it.

Heres one for you Josh..... a restored SSP. I know, it takes the fun out of it being restored already, but thats Brian and he does really good work! He's a good guy to meet --- old long haired hippy looking guy that always reeks of smoke :) I would almost bet you'd be able to trade him a 13 bar for it.

That's a nice one! I'll watch the price one that one and maybe if it comes down I'll grab it. But I'm looking to spend a lot less. I barley missed 2 of them that were free.

You should plan on going over to 'check it out' --- you'd like meeting him and you'll be FLOORED by his 'smoke shack' and everything he has laying around!!! And like I said, I'm sure he's open to a trade or barter..... its his hobby.
I had actually texted him to see if he had a green lid for you.... he didn't.
I met him from this board too!!! The whole ' 26" SSP fiasco'...... I'm glad I did meet him.

You should plan on going over to 'check it out' --- you'd like meeting him and you'll be FLOORED by his 'smoke shack' and everything he has laying around!!! And like I said, I'm sure he's open to a trade or barter..... its his hobby.
I had actually texted him to see if he had a green lid for you.... he didn't.
I appreciate you asking!
Green lid and
Genesis Junior are at the top of my list ATM
I definitely want to try some different things though.

If I am able to grab all 3 of those 1000s that just came available I'll have 6 to work with.

I secured the Skyline. Paid through App for him to hold it for me until I return 😁

Also a free Redhead is being held for me so hopefully everything goes as planned.

The other Redhead was Unlisted.

@Mark-Anaheim
Do you know where I can purchase tank scale fuel level sticker?
Or anyone else?
View attachment 94720
@Jon Tofte has them for cheap.

Mine is NG so only created my own version of Joel’s SN sticker from the guy over at Garage Journal. Even my 5.5p fonts are crystal clear and super durable the commercial label press he uses.

I intend to start my build thread tomorrow or next day and will show my sticker and reference to GJ guy,

@Jon Tofte has them for cheap.

Mine is NG so only created my own version of Joel’s SN sticker from the guy over at Garage Journal. Even my 5.5p fonts are crystal clear and super durable the commercial label press he uses.

I intend to start my build thread tomorrow or next day and will show my sticker and reference to GJ guy,

Okay perfect!
I'm Excited to see your build soon and thank you for sharing about the stickers.

@Jon Tofte if you still sell the tank scale fuel stickers I'm very interested in purchasing some from you?

Back