Just picked up a couple Redhead grills

Okay so the nice guy I met yesterday online from Michigan with the "Weber with slats"has contacted me with pictures and I like it a lot. If I was anywhere near there I would pick it up. I hope one of you can help. He wants to see it go to a good home for free. And hopefully get restored.

Are any of you Weber addict restoration junkies near here?

On the border of Detroit in a suburb, Grosse Pointe Woods?

It's very dirty but the way I see it the thick layer of Grease from top to bottom is good rust prevention

Screenshot_20240628_074039_Reddit.jpg

I have more pictures if anyone's interested. I think it's really cool that this guy cares what happens to his old Weber.

Okay so the nice guy I met yesterday online from Michigan with the "Weber with slats"has contacted me with pictures and I like it a lot. If I was anywhere near there I would pick it up. I hope one of you can help. He wants to see it go to a good home for free. And hopefully get restored.

Are any of you Weber addict restoration junkies near here?

On the border of Detroit in a suburb, Grosse Pointe Woods?

It's very dirty but the way I see it the thick layer of Grease from top to bottom is good rust prevention

View attachment 94463

I have more pictures if anyone's interested. I think it's really cool that this guy cares what happens to his old Weber.
I'm interested, only 20 minutes away. It looks worthy of restoration assuming the frame's OK. Now that I've gotten one 13 bar I'm getting drawn to these classics.

I'm interested, only 20 minutes away. It looks worthy of restoration assuming the frame's OK. Now that I've gotten one 13 bar I'm getting drawn to these classics.

That's great I'll get his information for you. I'm so glad someone can grab it!

Love these 13 bar grills too!

Last edited:
Thanks Josh! While Jon tries to get his Weberitis under control, some of us are becoming hopelessly addicted! The key (for the moment) is that my wife appears numb to the accumulation. I did promise to put together a nice rehab for her friend and that's definitely helped her ignore the grills popping up like mushrooms. I have a spot behind a holly bush that is set up to hold our seasonal hot tub and pretty much out of sight. She actually moved the three grills hiding back there to help set up the tub and didn't say a word!

Thanks Josh! While Jon tries to get his Weberitis under control, some of us are becoming hopelessly addicted! The key (for the moment) is that my wife appears numb to the accumulation. I did promise to put together a nice rehab for her friend and that's definitely helped her ignore the grills popping up like mushrooms. I have a spot behind a holly bush that is set up to hold our seasonal hot tub and pretty much out of sight. She actually moved the three grills hiding back there to help set up the tub and didn't say a word!
You jinxed yourself. Tonight you will probably get that "talk".

You're very welcome Ed!
I'm just happy to see this 13 bar get a home.

I currently have 9 Weber's and about half are finished and the other half are projects with more coming. I just started working these 13 bar slat beauties. I don't feel like working on the newer stuff anymore.

You're very welcome Ed!
I'm just happy to see this 13 bar get a home.

I currently have 9 Weber's and about half are finished and the other half are projects with more coming. I just started working these 13 bar slat beauties. I don't feel like working on the newer stuff anymore.
I standardized on the "newer" old E-W models - Silver, Gold and later Platinums, liking the interchange of parts. It took only a few minutes with my redhead 1000 to feel that connection to that original Genesis design. I may eventually regret picking up that first redhead, but it's all fun for now!

I standardized on the "newer" old E-W models - Silver, Gold and later Platinums, liking the interchange of parts. It took only a few minutes with my redhead 1000 to feel that connection to that original Genesis design. I may eventually regret picking up that first redhead, but it's all fun for now!

"Newer" for me has been 1-10 year old genesis and Summit. A lot of people around where I live in Washington buy a new grill for $1000-$1500+ range use them for a few years until they're really dirty then they get rid of them for cheap or free and buy a new one again. They have been super easy money flips for me and I've been able to donate quite a few to families in need.

I don't know what I'm going to do with these 13 bar Weber's when they're all finished. Definitely going to use at least one of them but the rest I have no idea

OoooOooooOoooo ---- you know what you can do with ONE of them..... it doesn't even have to be all that nice - just functional.

Yeah --- its baffling how badly people treat EXPENSIVE grills and then just off them.... 90%+ of my flips are just a good scrubbing and a clean for an easy $100-200. I try to draw the line if I have to put any $ into them --- sometimes the market just falls flat and people won't even pay $75 for a nice grill so its not worth putting burners/bars/grates into them --- I'll just discount them and tell them to order their own of amazon.

Back