Just picked up a couple Redhead grills

I'm sure there are arguments for both. I'll probably continue to use about 50/50. I appreciate the feedback from everybody. Sounds like it comes down to preference. I have several sets of both in use and set aside for spare parts.

Give me a good set of 9mm grates and I am as happy as can be.
That's the ultimate for me too, and you can't beat the longevity. This set is from 1996 and still looks pretty good. The section all the way to the left is the smoker box section and was never used. You can see after cleaning the other two grates there is very little difference between them.IMG_20240620_193630442_HDR.jpg

@Mark-Anaheim
Thank you for inviting me here. It's been really great to get to know others with similar interests. Everybody here seems nice and very knowledgeable and helpful.
This thread shows progress of my 2000 build.

I can't wait to see how your super high level build is going! I'd love to see some progress pics. If you want to wait until it's finished I'll try to be patient.

The craftsmanship on the QuliMetal 9mm 304 SS is really good. Fit and finish is excellent. I have a powerful magnet 🧲 and no attraction whatsoever. I was sad I couldn't get grates from RCP with my Flavorizer bars I got from him but I'm impressed with the QuliMetal. No regrets. If he starts selling them again I'll buy a set and compare.

The craftsmanship on the QuliMetal 9mm 304 SS is really good. Fit and finish is excellent. I have a powerful magnet 🧲 and no attraction whatsoever. I was sad I couldn't get grates from RCP with my Flavorizer bars I got from him but I'm impressed with the QuliMetal. No regrets. If he starts selling them again I'll buy a set and compare.
Yes he is a true craftsman and it shows on his workmanship

I think it would be really cool if everybody could submit pictures of their builds to the administrative staff here and they could be put in a thread for viewing. If possible a thread that you can't write in to keep from cluttering the thread. Just to observe everyones builds. Or if there's another way or a better way. Just curious to see everybody's builds that I've missed over the years.

Last edited:
One possibility that I can think of would be for Chris Allingham to add a category for Builds or Rehabs which would only be for people posting grill builds. I guess it would be nice to consolidate them somehow, but I am OK with how it is going now.

Well I could certainly participate as a "spectator" LOL. Any builds I had I gave away or sold to get something else. And the only thing left is the Wolf but I hardly call it a "build" as it was mostly just a "working restoration" nothing more.

@Josh Dekubber - I agree! But I assume you are saying a thread that you can start with the curb find, and then tear down, progress pics, etc.? You can kind of do that, but just edit the original first post, with a date below the previous, then with the updates/pics, so it would all stay at the start of the thread, then on a case like this thread, you could simply say, original post updated and we would all be notified.

One possibility that I can think of would be for Chris Allingham to add a category for Builds or Rehabs which would only be for people posting grill builds. I guess it would be nice to consolidate them somehow, but I am OK with how it is going now.
We already have that now. You can tag your thread with "restoration" to make it easier for people to find those threads later.

Ooh okay perfect! I'm new to this and just trying to figure out how to find pics of the grills you guys have built/rebuilt. I found a couple really nice builds but hard to find. I'll try searching restorations. Thanks Steve I should have thought of that.

Still kinda hard to find. Maybe I'll figure it out otherwise looking forward to seeing new projects on here.

Last edited:
Ooh okay perfect! I'm new to this and just trying to figure out how to find pics of the grills you guys have built/rebuilt. I found a couple really nice builds but hard to find. I'll try searching restorations. Thanks Steve I should have thought of that.

Still kinda hard to find. Maybe I'll figure it out otherwise looking forward to seeing new projects on here.
Go here:Screenshot_20240625-220355~2.png

Chris could set up a canned search that would bring up any build thread that had a unique and specific phrase in it. For instance, every one creating a grill build thread could start their Title with "Build Thread - Bruce's Genesis Stainless Platinum" As long as the title had Build Thread in it, it would come up with the search.....That is how the sticky for "How To" videos is done.

EDIT: OOOOPS, it looks like Chris is already on top of it.

This is all a big help! Thank you guy! Now I'm seeing the stuff I was looking for.
I know you're a relative newcomer, I've been around awhile and gotta tell you over the years the incredible work I have seen some of these guys turn out is nothing short of miraculous. Honestly I think Weber should be hiring them or at least buying some of these restores for a display of some type in their own facilities

Back