Jack Pot Spares

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
picked up new to me charcoal Friday, gonna use it Saturday on some spares

B&BandBasquesCharcoal.jpg

Saturday came by so I set up the 26" Weber kettle using this new B&B in a 6 hour snake topped with Basques and apple wood...
...seasoned the ribs with PS Jackpot Carolina Gold honey mustard BBQ rub.

PShoneymustardBBQrub.jpg

ribs on at noon...

ribsMar132021a.jpg

ribs 3 hours later... (kettle temp hovered around the 245ºF mark)

ribsMar132021b.jpg

after four hours, i wrapped the ribs in foil for another 2 hours...
forgot to photo the finished product until they were sliced and plated...

ribsMar132021c.jpg

...and plated they were with sautéed yellow bell and shishito peppers, roasted garlic and asparagus with skillet taters...

ribsMar132021d.jpg

...and opened an inexpensive bottle of a red blend from Portugal to imbibe...

redblendBonsVentosCasaSantosLima2018Portugal.PNG

Thank you for swinging by! eet.gif until next time.....

Very nice cook Jim, it all looks great. Looks like you're having some nice sunny weather too. Been horribly cold, windy and snow with hail here...hate it!

Great lookin cook Jim, I second! I was amazed seeing grass there too after the winter I've heard y'all had up there . I'm south of Rich, no snow but rain and cold last few days here. 70 today though. Pork loin on the pellet pooper today here.

Absolutely gorgeous ribs, Jim (the rest of the plate, too!) Sounds like a completely uneventful cook, which is always good when you are trying out new fuel for the cooker! :) Interesting looking rub, too! Thanks for sharing!

R

Top notch cook, Jim!
How did you like the charcoals? I've got a butt going with the Basques. There's a fair amount of smalls, along with some rather large pieces,

Great lookin cook Jim, I second! I was amazed seeing grass there too after the winter I've heard y'all had up there . I'm south of Rich, no snow but rain and cold last few days here. 70 today though. Pork loin on the pellet pooper today here.
we did have a lot of snow and it was piled quite high, but we also enjoyed a wonderful thaw that did not cause any flooding... lots of snow this rather mild winter...
Absolutely gorgeous ribs, Jim (the rest of the plate, too!) Sounds like a completely uneventful cook, which is always good when you are trying out new fuel for the cooker! :) Interesting looking rub, too! Thanks for sharing!

R
the rub is pretty good, i like the low sodium and the overall taste of it... last weekend it made some awesome high heat baby back ribs taste like National Champion Ribs
Top notch cook, Jim!
How did you like the charcoals? I've got a butt going with the Basques. There's a fair amount of smalls, along with some rather large pieces,
the B&B is terrific!! I'm loving it ALOT!! It may be better than Weber's briquettes... and y'all know how much i love Weber briqs...
did not use enough of the lump by Basques during this cook to mouth a true opinion of it but like you said a few days ago on another thread, it has very little sparking, and that woodsy smell unlike many other lump coals... it's kinda like a smooth sip of bourbon. mellow.

have some fresh kielbasa i'm ready to smoke, gonna try a little on it.

Perfect way to spend a Saturday! Thanks for the report on B&B. The ribs are perfection as usual! That plated shot has my mouth watering.

Back