Injured :(

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
I went wednesday night skiing with my friend who has the halfpipe in his back yard..... I haven't spent much time in the park for a couple of years. I went down on an easy feature, then watched him splat & get up. We hit a few more runs, they were a little slow so I jumped in first. I thought I'd just be jumping over an 8" pipe, but it was the ~3' ramp below the pipe I slid off the first time. I hit the packed snow (hard) like a ton of bricks..................

Seems like I irritated a pretty bad injury I did in ~1996.

I thought I'd wait it out but 4:30 yesterday morning I could only stand or lie flat on my face in the carpet or be in bad pain..........so I went to the doc. I started feeling better, but I'm glad I went...........miserable again @ ~4am today.

Getting old (and hurt) sucks!

12828467_10205905903028623_8380753653960405068_o.jpg

Ouch! Sorry to hear that buddy. I know the feeling about that getting older. Picked up a full propane bottle and pulled a groin muscle, thought I was going to pass out. Been three weeks and just now I'm getting to where I can pick up a bottle of beer without being in pain.
Hope you're up and about real soon.

Sorry to hear this Clint, hope your back on your feet soon. You have to watch those pipes they will get you every time. Take care my friend.

Yep, old injuries resurfacing and getting older suck, but its life.
Maybe some of your tasty wings are in order, you can put a straw in your beer.;)
Hope you heal up quick Clint.

Yeah....when you start getting in the 50+ club, you gotta start taking it easy or....well if you did that same x-ray on me...you'd see some steel rods holding the bones in place, lol

Glad it was just a hurt, now slow down a little, will ya

Guess you won't be able to clean out the garage for a while, eh Clint? ;)

BTW, I see the x-rays but have no idea what I'm supposed to be seeing.

Keep your edges on the snow! or, on a snowboard, your edge.

I learned this lesson at age 26 with a L2 compression, my x-ray looked a little like yours.

Hope you rest up and feel better soon!

Thanks guys. I'm doing much better - every couple of days there's a marked improvement - the biggest one came at around 10 days, that's when the traumatic swelling dropped I think.

Had my first pain-free night last night! The burning knife & the 4-6" section of nerve appear to have been healed....still there a little but the pain's been reduced to "sore" which I'm used to (always sore from one thing or another).

3/2 - 3/22/16 - Not as bad as my 8/6/15 incident :)

I took the pain pills for maybe 4 days (they don't work! but it's comforting to know they're there when you're "dying" :) ), & the muscle relaxers they said "they'll stop your back from twitching". "my back doesn't twitch" I said. After a few days I didn't take the muscle relaxer at night & the next day until still today, my right lat has been twitching every once in a while. That next day when it started twitching I decided I didn't want to be in their program. (joints throughout my body hurt and everything was popping)

Wish me well but I think I'm going to be just fine and back to just my everyday problems before long!

3 weeks.....

Wish me well but I think I'm going to be just fine and back to just my everyday problems before long! 3 weeks.....
Don't get too froggy hotdog, that's a fracture you got and if you further injure it, you're gonna end up like me and sport some permanent steel rods, and I will tell you first hand, that sucks!!! You also want to take it easy so that fracture will heal sooner than later, so that arthritis doesn't get a foot in

clint_zps39x4vvwd.jpg

My advise....the ski season is over for you. You better stay off the slopes until this time next year

:( That's good advice. Where do you see the crack? I almost got one of those hanging skeletons but I pulled out an anatomy book instead..............

Guess I'll stick with hiking & easy (try) dirt/mtn/road bike (try to get back on easy hiking trails soon - walking is about the only thing I've been able to do so far). Scares me having that weakness. I have some good crash reels!

Back