I'm Alive

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I can’t say all work and no play, because I have got some play in. Did my first (and last) cross country, very interesting, weather was nuts. Had the bride fly out and meet up in Florida (Disney World) it’s awesome but I’m a Disneyland snob. Rolled in today, and what did I BBQ? You guessed it

Attachments

• IMG_5927.jpeg
    IMG_5927.jpeg
    234.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5928.jpeg
    IMG_5928.jpeg
    253.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5929.jpeg
    IMG_5929.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5930.jpeg
    IMG_5930.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 17
Some photos from Disney World
And most importantly, 225 days until I retire

Attachments

• IMG_5793.jpeg
    IMG_5793.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5924.png
    IMG_5924.png
    763.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5920.png
    IMG_5920.png
    119.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5900.jpeg
    IMG_5900.jpeg
    215.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5859.jpeg
    IMG_5859.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5858.jpeg
    IMG_5858.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5846.jpeg
    IMG_5846.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5845.jpeg
    IMG_5845.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5809.jpeg
    IMG_5809.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5692.jpeg
    IMG_5692.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5691.jpeg
    IMG_5691.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5690.jpeg
    IMG_5690.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5688.jpeg
    IMG_5688.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5689.png
    IMG_5689.png
    1 MB · Views: 40
I can’t say all work and no play, because I have got some play in. Did my first (and last) cross country, very interesting, weather was nuts. Had the bride fly out and meet up in Florida (Disney World) it’s awesome but I’m a Disneyland snob. Rolled in today, and what did I BBQ? You guessed it
Welcome back Chuck!

Best part about being on the road is getting back home. Nice to sleep in a familiar bed and fire up a grill or smoker and cook something the way you like it. After a few days back, Miriam used to ask me when I was leaving again :) I'd counter with stories of all the sights I'd seen and the people I met. After a while, she admitted that she was jealous and glad I took a local job.

Retirement = what’s that?
Guess you've learned the downside of self-employment. 2 of the happiest days in my working life were the day we opened the doors of our repair shop and auto parts store and the day we finally sold our inventory, equipment and tools and reclaimed out freedom.

Guess you've learned the downside of self-employment. 2 of the happiest days in my working life were the day we opened the doors of our repair shop and auto parts store and the day we finally sold our inventory, equipment and tools and reclaimed out freedom.
I have my succession plan in place. Down to 4 days a week now and take around 5 weeks vacation a year. I just don’t see myself stopping “working.” I also have a side business I started that I’m investing in for the next 10 years.

I just enjoy working and deal making. So I don’t see myself stopping. There’s no reason to.

Congratulations on the successful X-Country and on the soon to be last day of employment !
But I do have a question, what is a Disneyland snob ?
They would have to pay me to go there... ;)

Congratulations on the successful X-Country and on the soon to be last day of employment !
But I do have a question, what is a Disneyland snob ?
They would have to pay me to go there... ;)
My wife loves Disneyland. I first went (with her) 1980, and have done so yearly since, only missing a few years (covid made up 2 of those years) Disneyland is an "acquired" taste, the key is knowing when it's not crowded (which is getting tougher and tougher) This was my first trip to Disney World. It's great and all, but it'll likely be some time before I go there again. Disneyland in early November works well for me

Chuck...
We moved to Anaheim in 1956, year after park opened.
Was a D-Land Cast Member. 1968-1977 ( with college and US Navy in there too )
Our Cub Scout pack was supported by Walt himself. Meetings were at Walt Disney Elementary School.
My Mom was a substitute teacher at that school. My sister was a Front Gate Ticket seller.
BUT... as I said... they would have to pay me to go there. And they did ;)

We moved to America in the early mid 60’s and drove across the country to California from New York stopping at Florida.
My Mom, my older brother, me and everything we owned in an old Volkswagen Bug.
By the luck of God it never broke until the trip was over.
My older brother kept asking my mom if we could go to Disneyland as we approached California.
Mom thought it was another country.

Back