I will just leave this here

I blew it on this one. Like 15 mins from the house, was going to get just for the frame and see if i could shoehorn the deep box skyline in there.
Someone needs to figure out how to do this. The newer models are so plentiful and the thermoset tables are nice and maintenance free.

First one I have seen without a ton of rust in the bottom. That price is still too high and it has the very common dropsies on the left and right shelves.

First one I have seen without a ton of rust in the bottom. That price is still too high and it has the very common dropsies on the left and right shelves.
Are the bottom of these removeable to be able to put wire rack?

Yep. But you will have to fab in some cross members or use one of those racks that clamp in and provide the side to side support.

20190731 Stainless Steel Platinum (1).jpg20190731 Stainless Steel Platinum.jpg

Bruce - I thought I noticed the droopy shelves. What is with that? Can it be fixed?

The welds on the pressure fittings in the extensions are broken. It is very common on those grills. You can fix it by drilling and inserting bolts.

The ones across the front and back are added in. The bottom pan in the grill is what creates that support side to side. Without the pan, the legs are not very solid side to side.

Would it be worth it to pick this up? I was thinking just to sell the manifold and maybe some parts as I told myself I don't need more projects, just clean and flips. I saw the gas line and he did say propane when he responded.
1622556488147.png

I love how a grill that is billed as Stainless Steel is a rusted out mess.
Joe, my advice is that unless you already have a buyer for the parts or you need them yourself, then pass on it. If you don't need the parts, it becomes a nightmare trying to acquire parts for everyone else.

The grill is complete with the bonus small bungy cord to hold the doors shut.

Oh, but it has a handle light!!!!

The grill is complete with the bonus small bungy cord to hold the doors shut.

Oh, but it has a handle light!!!!
I did notice the handle light. Nice side burner also...Wonder how it would look on a Broilmaster. Thanks for talking me out of it;-) I told him if no one takes it, contact me before putting at the curb. Also has some nice SS grates, even though not sure what else they would fit.

Joe, I grab the cooking grids off those summits and cut them down fit old Genesis grills.

if the manifold is propane it might be good to salvage.

Ever notice in CL and FB MP adds for garage sales and moving sales that when they list a Weber grill, they NEVER say if it is coal or gas and they never include a picture of it, but they tell you everything about the sewing machine to include a serial number.
I guess it is a girl thing.

Yah, if I had one, I would definitely flip it and sell it rather than use it. If you want a personal Genesis, get a regular one. The 5000 won't cook any better than a 1000-4000.
Definitely true. But if you had a grill museum...

Back