I will just leave this here

That is a little older Silver B. It has the more squared off flip tables and side table. Yes, you can use a left table on the right, and it works better if you do trim those tabs off.
Thanks Bruce. Looks like I'm sticking with my original plan. Was just trying to save a buck.

In my area, there sure has been a lack of unicorn type Weber gas grills showing up this spring. I haven't seen any SS Platinums in my area. No CharQ's, other Genesis Platinums, skylines, 5000's, etc.....
I have seen a few 5000's and platinums and some Skylines posted by others outside my area though.
How has it been in your area? What area are you in?

The 3000 and 5000 where only the 2nd and 3rd deep box Webers I have had in 2 1/2 years. I am guessing they just did not sell many here. The silvers are readily available. I would love to find a Platinum. There was one last year I should have jumped on that was in nice shape for $200, but it sold before the price dropped, and did not see how I could make any money on it. I actually have 3 grills for sale now and they are not moving as quickly as early spring. I was hoping Memorial day would help but it is going to be cool and rainy here.

Not a Weber, but the wife's away for the weekend.....this is a free one pretty close to me, waiting to hear back.
Not sure what I'm getting myself into.
ducane.JPG

If it is free, it is a good deal. I think parts are still available for Ducane and Weber even owned them for a while. However, there is not much of flip market for them so I would be careful about sticking a bunch of money into it. If you are looking at it as a personal grill, then you could do worse, but the same holds true. Be careful about putting a bunch of money into it.

I actually had one of those and rebuilt it for my brother in law's feeding center at his ministry on the troubled SW side of Chicago. Still using it. They're very similar to a Broilmaster

Not a Weber, but the wife's away for the weekend.....this is a free one pretty close to me, waiting to hear back.
Not sure what I'm getting myself into.
View attachment 28891
My friends father had one of those and almost made me swear, if I ever bought a grill it had to be a Ducane. He loved his so much and used it all the time of a family of 8.

Joe, keep us posted on how the sale on that grill goes. I am interested in how much you can get for a nicely restored one like yours.

Joe, keep us posted on how the sale on that grill goes. I am interested in how much you can get for a nicely restored one like yours.
I have only had 3 serious inquires. One from a forum member for $500 + WSM14 and kettle that were new. I said OK but he backed out. The other 2 were from Australia and were looking into shipping companies to pick up. I will probably not go below $600. I will probably keep it for the next house.

Ship it to Australia??? They must be awful desperate for them over there. It would likely double the price and I would think you would have to disassemble it and repack it.
Good luck, if the right collector sees it, I don't thin he will balk at the $675.

Back