I will just leave this here

Well, with my move they haven's seen action in almost a year. They do hold up well. Pretty much you just flip them over when they start looking a little cruddy. They create a pretty interesting "infrared" heating pattern and do seem to hold down the flare-ups.

View attachment 27453

While I DO like how they work, I guess I am enough of a Weber junkie to have never messed with the flavorizer bar design which is the heart of Weber's creation of the Genesis. It would be interesting, though, to try and rig up a lower grate to hold these and try it out!

Thanks that article was great. I just reposted it on the Genesis group in Facebook.

If a Broil Master and an old Weber summit had a baby I would imagine it looking like this.

Yah, they have made a bunch of odd products over the years. One of my favorites is a bug zapper.

Here is one. They made a hanging one as well.

That’s why the old Car Talk show at the end of an episode wooukd rattle off sillly sounds like “names” for imaginary people on their support staff - their “eBay consultant” was Selma Junkoff😊.

WEBER NATURAL GAS GRILL - $85 (DELAVAN, WI)

Question about this grill, did Genesis 1000 have a NG manifold available? And do those look like Cast Iron grates to you?

It's over an hour away, and I'd want it just for the NG manifold (i may put in a gas line in the future, and would like to keep my Genesis 1000), and the CI grates (i really liked having CI grates on my old Silver A).

I still have 4 grills in the backyard, with 2 that I'll be flipping, not sure if I'm ready to add another one to the mix.

Anybody want to overpay for a "rehabbed" grill and potentially get sick cooking your food?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/416144329549616/

This guys got a dozen grills for sale. Bought a pair of 13 flavor bar grills for $100 or less (that were for sale as of Friday) all "cleaned,, ground down, and completely recoated with 2000 degree paint for sale Monday? Half of them have patched together wood floors from whatever he has laying around. I can't believe he's even sold any in this condition, and for those prices.

Anybody want to overpay for a "rehabbed" grill and potentially get sick cooking your food?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/416144329549616/

This guys got a dozen grills for sale. Bought a pair of 13 flavor bar grills for $100 or less (that were for sale as of Friday) all "cleaned,, ground down, and completely recoated with 2000 degree paint for sale Monday? Half of them have patched together wood floors from whatever he has laying around. I can't believe he's even sold any in this condition, and for those prices.

That's awful. Looks like he just sprayed paint on everything inside and out. Even the wood got a treatment of black spray paint? He also deleted a row of flavorizer bars.

Back