I will just leave this here

I can dream, can't I?

Maybe $50...actually probably not!

Wow, some people are so far removed from reality. Who in their right mind would think that someone would pay $400 for that grill?
And did someone really pay $1,300 for that thing when it was new 30-40 years ago?

No, I doubt it. But it is true that the essentially identical Broilmaster today does go for around $1,300. These are like the homely sister who can make great money working, cook, clean and run circles around her pretty sibling in all ways but still gets no attention. They are great cookers and almost bulletproof. Just not very much eye appeal. Broilmaster finally brought out a new line of all stainless grills, but they still make and support these classic ones. (Hint, hint, Weber!)

I have some Broilmaster stuff in my overstocked inventory. I would actually like to have that classic redwood handle and fold-down front table, but "best offer" would be a tiny fraction of what the seller is asking!

Here is about as close as I think you will get:

And, there is a Facebook page:

Interesting case of someone who does not know what they have. They think they have a gold mine. But it is just aluminum.

But it's $50 cheaper than a brand new one AND you get a cart!
:coolkettle:

The Qs don't really sell very well down here for some reason. There are literally 2 or 3 brand new Q1000s for sale for $100 or less right now.

But it's $50 cheaper than a brand new one AND you get a cart!
:coolkettle:

The Qs don't really sell very well down here for some reason. There are literally 2 or 3 brand new Q1000s for sale for $100 or less right now.

And that cart is worth $400.

Yah, the don't really sell all that well up here either. It is hard to rehab them and make a buck on the deal. The Q3XX grills are OK for rehabbing though if you don't have to replace the cooking grates.

And that cart is worth $400.

Yah, the don't really sell all that well up here either. It is hard to rehab them and make a buck on the deal. The Q3XX grills are OK for rehabbing though if you don't have to replace the cooking grates.
They seem to sell well in more urban areas, where space it a little tighter, people move more, and like to camp. If I could get more, I could sell more. I have never replaced anything other than an igniter button on one. I have spent a fair amount of time chiseling and grinding grates to remove all of the broken rusted enamel. Then grease and season them to sell.

Found another interesting option. Guy can't give me the model, but it appears to be a 2017 Napoleon Prestige Pro 500, which is a $2500 grill with a lifetime warranty.

He claims it has an accessory that allows you to cook with charcoal right in the grilling surface, and sure enough, such does exist for it. Brand-new rotisserie and dual infrared sear stations.

He's at $300. I'm at $150. Guess we will see what happens next month when he still has it.

Screenshot_20210504-214638.png

This BroilMaster is near my parents. For $30 I might take a shot at it and hope it's a scrape and sell for $100.

Anyone have any experience with these? @Jon Tofte
Screenshot_20210504-220128.pngScreenshot_20210504-220152.png

I did one last year, but Jon is the resident expert on BM grills. That Napolean looks like a pretty awesome grill.

20200811 BroilMaster - After (3).JPG

I would be all over that Napoleon. Re the Broilmaster they're nice cooking grills They can put out fierce heat. I had a couple. One thing I noticed about them. When used with ceramics foods grilled on them tasted more like foods grilled over charcoal (real charcoal not that chemical stuff) than from anything off a Weber or my Wolf

Brandon,
I wish I could grab a Broilmaster with that cart for only $30. There are Broilmasters for sale in my area but most have the pole mount or are overpriced for what I need to do.

I could see you possibly doing a quickie job as you described. Those stainless waterfall grates are very nice, real 304 stainless. Not sure those aren't so far gone that the work to clean them may be more than you want to put in, though. I will be happy to try and answer questions, but I don't know everything about Broilmasters. I think the challenge is to make them look eye appealing enough to warrant their value. To most people they look like very old, out of date things to be pushed out to the road. However, as Larry agrees, they are excellent grills capable of very high heat but also designed in a way to do low and slow better than many.

Larry,
When you say ceramic, do you mean only the ceramic "pyramids" or do you think the ceramic "tiles" with holes in them will also give that effect?
I am very interested, because I hope to wind up with a keeper Broilmaster and not sure which way to go. The ones I have refurbished and sold all had the tiles.

Didn't Bruce do a beautiful job on that early "Warm Morning" Broilmaster?

On that Napoleon, why is it sitting on the ground without casters?

Brandon,
You need to grab that Broilmaster, load it up and go on a road trip to TVWBB Upper Midwest Meet! There is an idiot from Indiana who will be there who would probably pay you close to your "finished" price as is! No, don't do that, but DO think about doing a road trip to be at our First Annual Meet!

Found another interesting option. Guy can't give me the model, but it appears to be a 2017 Napoleon Prestige Pro 500, which is a $2500 grill with a lifetime warranty.

He claims it has an accessory that allows you to cook with charcoal right in the grilling surface, and sure enough, such does exist for it. Brand-new rotisserie and dual infrared sear stations.

He's at $300. I'm at $150. Guess we will see what happens next month when he still has it.

View attachment 27437

This BroilMaster is near my parents. For $30 I might take a shot at it and hope it's a scrape and sell for $100.

Anyone have any experience with these? @Jon Tofte
That napoleonooks like it's missing all the casters. Underside is probably all scraped up.

I did one last year, but Jon is the resident expert on BM grills. That Napolean looks like a pretty awesome grill.

View attachment 27440
The Prestige is a $1300 grill and I would grab that up in a heart beat for $300. In fact I did buy one for $300. It was NG and I was going to convert it and decided just to clean it up and sell it for $500. If I ever find a LP cheap I am all over it.

Back