I will just leave this here

Nice, you definitely know the area then. If I've learned anything, it is to be patient. My restore candidate came from Glen Rock; a $30 red head. Stick around long enough, and a low mileage creme puff will show up, just try to get it at the right price.

Following up on that killer old school stainless summit from a few weeks ago. This is another high dollar NJ town (I promise they're not all like this). Big lots, big houses, and big property taxes.

Why can't this be cheaper as a starting point.

$300
View attachment 27130
If everything is in good working order and you must have a platinum C that is a reasonable price.
The platinum Genesis C is not too common. You could spend all year trying to get one or one might appear tomorrow. Roll the dice

If everything is in good working order and you must have a platinum C that is a reasonable price.
The platinum Genesis C is not too common. You could spend all year trying to get one or one might appear tomorrow. Roll the dice
Besides it is pending so I guess somebody thought it was worth it!

Yah, I see those every so often. There is one for sale near me now, I think. But that is as good of a deal as I have seen. Especially with the cover.

Bruce,
I think that one has potential. Of course, the "platypus" is a little more controversial than the Performer. It's kind of a "love it or hate it" kind of grill. I am definitely in the first camp. If it was the less common maroon one I would be trying to find a way to justify asking you to get it for me :coolkettle: . Since you are dabbling in kettle restores, it might be one to at least consider.

Nah, I am just waiting on a set of grates for my performer and then that one will hit the sales floor. I am glad I did it for the experience, but I am not hot on doing more. I will if I see a really good deal, but I just enjoy doing the gas grills more for some reason.

Nah, I am just waiting on a set of grates for my performer and then that one will hit the sales floor. I am glad I did it for the experience, but I am not hot on doing more. I will if I see a really good deal, but I just enjoy doing the gas grills more for some reason.
The only downside of the "platypus" is it would need a top handle for the rotisserie. I think the one by me had an extra handle added. I asked him but he is no longer responding.

Back