I will just leave this here

You know, that grill is probably worth something. I would do a little reasearch, but that might wind up be a collectors item.

It is. We had a charm glow on our deck when I was growing up back in the seventies. It was a stationary grill

I believe that’s an old Charmglow.
That's another golden oldie I would love to have an example of in my dreamed of "grill museum." I have seen a couple of those for sale, but fortunately not close enough to finagle a way to get. I would have no place to put it anyway!!!

Maybe you haven't seen my Sunbeam $8 rescue that I gave the knickname "THE JUDGE":

PEDAL TO THE METAL! With a Broilmaster burner shoe-horned in and orifices opened to probably unsafe levels, THE JUDGE buries the needle in just a few minutes!
I love to see the needle pegged on a grill. Almost feel like you're doing something wrong. When the Genesis goes past the 550 to 6 oclock position. Oh yeah!

Someone with more experience with the WSM. Is this an old school WSM, a knock off weber or a franken grill?

I am not a WSM expert, but that is a Frankengrill if ever there was one. Start with a 14" Smoky Joe and make the middle out of tall stock pot. There are other people doing similar, so I am not here to argue. But, it is not a WSM.

No video, but that little grill can do it!

View attachment 27010

View attachment 27011

It's not called THE JUDGE for nothing!

View attachment 27012
Not doubting that it can sear. I'm more curious what it would do to all the grease dripping from a well marbled ribeye. Would it start a grease fire or would you get 2' high flames the entire duration?

On my non-weber gas grill that gets crazy hot, my eyebrows have had a few close calls. Searing a fatty ribeye, I had 2' high flames shooting up the entire time. I feel safer using my Q for fatty cuts.

Back