I will just leave this here

I'm thinking about going to pick this up over the weekend for research purposes.

Looks like a grill built to last. I like the wheel setup and aluminum fb and lid. I think their older stuff was built well. Some of their new stuff has sheet metal fbs.

I'm thinking about going to pick this up over the weekend for research purposes.

Sounds like an interesting and fun one. For $25 why not? Let us know what you think and post pictures when you can. I am just glad there is someone to share my mantle for going down "rabbit trails!"

Those are really common in Canada as it's a Canadian brand, and they're priced considerably cheaper than comparable weber products. They cook well and last a long time if maintained, but cosmetic parts fall apart if you leave them in the rain. These BK aluminum grills are basically modern improved versions of the old Thermos, Sunbeam, Fiestas that used to be around.

I can find cheap ones and free ones almost any day of the week. The better finds are the Sovereign models with tightly spaced 9mm SS rod grates.

Last year I grabbed a free 13yr old BK Monarch 20 from my sister because she was going to send it to the scrap yard. I didn't have the heart to allow it to be thrown out. When I took it apart, all it needed was a good cleaning, a new igniter wire, and new grates. I ended up buying new oem 8mm stainless rod grates for it.

Last edited:
Looks like a grill built to last. I like the wheel setup and aluminum fb and lid. I think their older stuff was built well. Some of their new stuff has sheet metal fbs.
That's true of the Baron line, but the 2021 models were redesigned and they now have aluminum fire boxes.

BTW, I think the worst aspect of BK are their cast iron grates. They are thin porcelain coated, and flake the moment you start cooking on them. Their stainless grates are well made though.

Great idea, Joe!

It is really sad to think of something as nice as that Skyline winding up as trash or being used by someone who doesn't appreciate it.

@Joe Anshien @Jon Tofte After further research I think I'm going to pass, even at $25. @A Lee identified something that I had to dig into before I could move forward.

The Crown model is the base model of the Broil King line, and doesn't have a cast aluminum firebox, or at best has a 3 piece box, which is basically a deal breaker for me.

My luck seems to have run out on neat grills right now as the last 2 solid stainless "luxury" branded ones I wanted to experiment with have sold or ghosted me and this Broil King turned out to be a turd. I really think I'm going to try and hold out for a Genesis x000 to rescue and see if I can slide it into my Platinum frame...

I've got all summer and will finally have my own truck in July, so I can expand my range a little further to try and pick up something neat.

@Joe Anshien @Jon Tofte After further research I think I'm going to pass, even at $25. @A Lee identified something that I had to dig into before I could move forward.

The Crown model is the base model of the Broil King line, and doesn't have a cast aluminum firebox, or at best has a 3 piece box, which is basically a deal breaker for me.

My luck seems to have run out on neat grills right now as the last 2 solid stainless "luxury" branded ones I wanted to experiment with have sold or ghosted me and this Broil King turned out to be a turd. I really think I'm going to try and hold out for a Genesis x000 to rescue and see if I can slide it into my Platinum frame...

I've got all summer and will finally have my own truck in July, so I can expand my range a little further to try and pick up something neat.
The Crown does have a cast aluminum fire box. The burner is their BK infinity burner, which is just a variation of an H burner.

Note the one in the ad also has a rear rotisserie burner.

If I were to pick up a free BK, I think one of these would be interesting to play with. The base is stainless and they have a cast iron flavorizer design.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/nvn/zip/d/west-vancouver-south-broil-king-barbecue/7309448292.html

Last edited:
You could buy those two side cabinets as add-ons. You removed the side shelves from the grill, put those in their place and then attach the original shelves to the add-on cabinets. An attempt, I guess, to compete a little in the "outside" kitchen look so many have become attracted to. Big problem is now you have three times as many cabinets to rust out☹️!

I has the BK Regal and it cooked well. However the parts inside disintegrated like flakes, they started falling apart. It had a 10 years warranty which they honored for the internal parts. I do know that most of their older model had AL firebox and top lid.

Here is an expanded Weber I have not come across before. Kind of cool.
I love the last part of his listing "You can see some rust inside the bottom of the cabinet because it doesn't matter"

Everyone knows fireboxes utilize antigravity technology tofloat, rusted bases are inconsequential and purely optional.

@Bruce , did you see this one? Weber Summit Gold natural gas grill - $100 (Burnett), a little over an hour away from you. And the bottom frame doesn't look rusted out. But it's NG.
Those summits are basically worthless IMO. No parts from Weber and the front panel of the firebox (which isn't well pictured in the listing) is a ticking time bomb.

So frustrating, because that does look like a really nice grill otherwise.

Those summits are basically worthless IMO. No parts from Weber and the front panel of the firebox (which isn't well pictured in the listing) is a ticking time bomb.

So frustrating, because that does look like a really nice grill otherwise.

Not worth $100, but can you retrofit the tables / flip-up tables on any other frames? Ie a Silver B / Genesis 1000? I don't know the dimensions.

I saw that one but like most Summits, I don't want to go down one of those rabbit holes. If it was free, I would definitely take it as a parts grill and yes, the tables will fit on a Silver B. But not worth $100 to me for the tables.

Not worth $100, but can you retrofit the tables / flip-up tables on any other frames? Ie a Silver B / Genesis 1000? I don't know the dimensions.
I retrofitted Genesis parts onto the larger D6 Summit cart, and they were a direct swap/match from my Genesis Platinum.

So yes, I would say the side tables for sure could be traded over to the same era cart, however you would be missing the tabs on the cart that hold the flip up panels in the upright position.

The old 1000s used a different design for the flip up side tables, so I'm not sure they would work. The tables do fit, I put one on a 1000 from an old Silver B last year.

Following up on that killer old school stainless summit from a few weeks ago. This is another high dollar NJ town (I promise they're not all like this). Big lots, big houses, and big property taxes.

Why can't this be cheaper as a starting point.

$300
1619839679716.png

Following up on that killer old school stainless summit from a few weeks ago. This is another high dollar NJ town (I promise they're not all like this). Big lots, big houses, and big property taxes.

Why can't this be cheaper as a starting point.

$300
View attachment 27130
I saw that - Upper Saddle river is $$$. I grew up a little down hill from there, Paramus.

Back