I will just leave this here

Here's a KitchenAid grill that looks interesting. The newer ones I have seen at Home Depot don't look that impressive, but this one looks to be a higher grade construction. Note those grates:

Jon, I posted a decent looking KA grill a few weeks ago that I called Larry out with. hahaha. But other than that, I have no idea if they were any good or not.

Here's a KitchenAid grill that looks interesting. The newer ones I have seen at Home Depot don't look that impressive, but this one looks to be a higher grade construction. Note those grates:

That grill has come up on my searches also as they say they will ship for $20. I have messaged a few of those folks, and they have changed the ad as they always inadvertently hit the shipping button. It's funny how there are always things that don't work, but can easily be replaced or fixed. If so why don't they do it and either keep or sell a fully functioning grill;-)

I have posted a lot of stuff on FB MP but never have seen where there is a shipping option button.
Maybe because I usually start the post on one of my local buy/sell/trade groups and then choose Marketplace as an additional place to list it. The buy sell trade groups probably don't have that shipping option.
The reason I start the listing on buy sell group is they allow more photos. If you start one directly on Marketplace, they limit you to ten photos.

I have posted a lot of stuff on FB MP but never have seen where there is a shipping option button.
Maybe because I usually start the post on one of my local buy/sell/trade groups and then choose Marketplace as an additional place to list it. The buy sell trade groups probably don't have that shipping option.
The reason I start the listing on buy sell group is they allow more photos. If you start one directly on Marketplace, they limit you to ten photos.
You have to "apply" and link FB to your bank account to be able to get money have printed shipping labels and to pay. They were offering free shipping labels at one time to sign up so I did. Now I only use eBay as a last resort of sorts because it is much less expensive to use FB.

Link FB to a bank account???? Probably why it is not something I considered seriously ever. But, I don't really care for Ebay either, but I trust them more than FB.

Does anyone else out there have a bank account connected to FB? Any issues?

Link FB to a bank account???? Probably why it is not something I considered seriously ever. But, I don't really care for Ebay either, but I trust them more than FB.

Does anyone else out there have a bank account connected to FB? Any issues?
I have had mine for at least 6 months maybe more. When I list something I ship I have the option of picking the weight and having FB providing the label like eBay does or charge my own shipping rate and providing my own shipping label. 5 days after the buyer receives the item the money is deposited into my checking account. So far it has worked well with no problems. Not much different than eBay and PayPal. It is not great for everything as I tried to sell a Pyromid foldup grill on FB for months with no interest, but when I listed it on eBay it sold in hours. https://www.ebay.com/itm/194012912427?hash=item2d2c121b2b:g:~NwAAOSwwk5gZ68b

So, say you are selling a Silver B manifold. You just list it and tell FBMP that it is 2lbs 4 oz and then FB will calculate a shipping rate and provide a paid shipping lable? Then I suppose that is the price they charge for shipping on the listing?

So, say you are selling a Silver B manifold. You just list it and tell FBMP that it is 2lbs 4 oz and then FB will calculate a shipping rate and provide a paid shipping lable? Then I suppose that is the price they charge for shipping on the listing?
Not quite. They do weight and price ranges. up to 1, 1-5, 5-10. Each weight range is a different price. If I use there labels I find there is a small commission. If I generate the label myself there hasn't been a commission so far. Except for when they run promotions I have done better generating my labels through Paypal and charging what I feel is fair on the FB ad.

Not quite. They do weight and price ranges. up to 1, 1-5, 5-10. Each weight range is a different price. If I use there labels I find there is a small commission. If I generate the label myself there hasn't been a commission so far. Except for when they run promotions I have done better generating my labels through Paypal and charging what I feel is fair on the FB ad.
FB ship_LI.jpg

Attachments

• FB ship.JPG
    FB ship.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Thanks Joe. But just be advised, all that info you tried to black out is mostly readable.
Thanks. Should be better now. The commission was $2.50 on $47 is 5% which is about 1/2 the around 10% I pay on eBay and PP. I have been hoping for a long time that eBay got some real competition. I just never thought in a million years it would be FB!

Jon KA was selling (maybe still is) 2 different lines of grills. One built either by Sure Heat or DCS I don't recall which but were very high quality products. The other through discount outlets i.e. Costco, Target' and so on made in China very cheaply but designed to look like the better ones

Jon KA was selling (maybe still is) 2 different lines of grills. One built either by Sure Heat or DCS I don't recall which but were very high quality products. The other through discount outlets i.e. Costco, Target' and so on made in China very cheaply but designed to look like the better ones
Thanks for the insight. The one I posted surely is one of the high end ones you mentioned. The grates look like the ones on my Lynx and the control knobs are similar to the Vieluxe and some current expensive grills. For the price someone willing to put a little effort and maybe a few new things like an igniter would have what appears to be one really nice grill. Rear rotisserie burner and all. Looks like it covers the bases for a lot of people. I guess he is in WV. Apparently not a lot of interest there. Glad he is far away from me so I wouldn't be tempted by yet another rabbit trail!

Green lids don’t sell here. Not even for free. This ad has been up for weeks.
I had the same problem giving mine away for free.

Attachments

• ADAA5D48-D416-4048-9A7E-A4E950152105.jpeg
    ADAA5D48-D416-4048-9A7E-A4E950152105.jpeg
    514.6 KB · Views: 10
Geeez, I have sold a LOT of green lid grills the last few years. Not sure why, but I have been getting them more often than black until maybe this spring. The seem to sell fine here.....But, wait, this is Wisconsin, home of the Green Bay Pukers.

I was making rounds in Lowes this morning for random house weekend project stuff and took an in person look at the latest Webers. I was poking around a summit ($2k+ by the way) looking at how it's put together and an associate came by and said to me "you're liking that grill aren't you?" I couldn't help it and didn't mean to come off like a tool, but responded with "I just rebuilt a 20 year old weber and I want to see how much better mine still is." He kind of laughed but seemed to agree I guess.

LOL. Thats a good one. I try to stay out of the grill section. If I see people looking at grills, I get the strongest urge to go over and tell them about how much better the older Genesis grills are. Heaven forbid they are looking at the NexGrills or whatever tin cans HD stocks.

Back