I will just leave this here

This one is for you Larry.
Actually looks like a decent grill.
There seem to be at least 3 others in that area. Last night I was in Home Depot and passed the sheet metal. When I saw the prices I said I need to collect some free grills and take them apart. It was like $10 for a small 2'x2' piece. I am using a piece of an old Char-Broil I took apart to try and repair a grease tray from a 3 burner E/W Spirit as a new one cost more than the grill is worth.

OK guys, this is a new one. Gotta see this:

I don't think he is a member here, but WGC and WKC member, and a good kettle friend
of mine, Brian Moriarty of Left Hand Smoke has a similar setup. He also has some sort
of contraption attached to it with a hose extending to a shop vac. One of the most unique
Genesis uses I have ever seen.

Kind of interesting coal burner here. Interesting to see the covered Weber next to it as well...

Joe, look at the title of the grill. But, yes, it should have a half shelf on the bottom.
I got the clueless part. Lets just be glad that it they don't seem clueless enough to have used it as a charcoal grill. I have seen quite a few pics on the forums of old silvers with just a cross bar on the bottom with no shelf. I just wanted to ask if they were supposed to have a shelf or not. I think they look kind of naked without the shelf. All my restores have had 2 bars with a shelf.

Here's a KitchenAid grill that looks interesting. The newer ones I have seen at Home Depot don't look that impressive, but this one looks to be a higher grade construction. Note those grates:

I got the clueless part. Lets just be glad that it they don't seem clueless enough to have used it as a charcoal grill. I have seen quite a few pics on the forums of old silvers with just a cross bar on the bottom with no shelf. I just wanted to ask if they were supposed to have a shelf or not. I think they look kind of naked without the shelf. All my restores have had 2 bars with a shelf.
Yes Sir. I do believe they all have the shelf, but often they get misplaced probably. I picked up a Silver B a few years ago that the guy had turned into a coal burner. He just put a rack on top of the burners for the coals. There probably wasn't a lot of room from the top of the coals to the cooking grates though. New internals and the grill was back to good operation though.

Back