I will just leave this here

You don't find one of those up here that isn't rusted through on the bottom. If they are not, they are totally covered in rust anyway. I have picked up probably 20 of those and never one with a floor that was salvageable.

While the Q1xxx grills should be considered "portable", I really don't think they would work so well for hiking. Probably too big to fit in a back pack, but I suppose you could clip one to your belt for the hike.

"Go hiking in nature with a grill as vibrant as the scenery."

If you are talking about the caster wheels on the left side, those are Genesis 1-5 grills. The generation prior to the Genesis 1000-5000 grills.

I see a little rust around the lp tank hole, but I have never seen one of those E3xx grills in that good of shape without being restored.

If you are talking about the caster wheels on the left side, those are Genesis 1-5 grills. The generation prior to the Genesis 1000-5000 grills.
I picked up I guess what is most likely a Genesis 3 last weekend that had no casters and missing pieces of the frame on bottom. This is my first Weber with no casters and I was scratching my bald head. I actually got out the level to see if the casters were just gone or stock with none. The bottom of one leg is rusted out so I will be cutting the legs and adding casters. Just waiting on the frame screw inserts from eBay. I also picked up 2 L brackets and a piece of plastic grey deck deck board to make a bottom shelf. This is getting to be like work. I need a break from grill rehabs I think.

This is what quality grill manufacturers are up against. You can buy these 4 or 5 of these Chinese tin cans for the price of a new Genesis or even Spirit. Clearly these are only designed to last one or two years with a 2 year cookbox warranty and one year on other parts. Also, it is deceiving in that these are actually Charbroil grills. They just are marketing them under a different name and by putting the word "American" in the name, they are going to lead people to believe they are made in America. This makes it hard to sell rehabbed grills as well.
I think Charbroil has such a bad reputation that they needed a fresh start.

This is what quality grill manufacturers are up against. You can buy these 4 or 5 of these Chinese tin cans for the price of a new Genesis or even Spirit. Clearly these are only designed to last one or two years with a 2 year cookbox warranty and one year on other parts. Also, it is deceiving in that these are actually Charbroil grills. They just are marketing them under a different name and by putting the word "American" in the name, they are going to lead people to believe they are made in America. This makes it hard to sell rehabbed grills as well.
I think Charbroil has such a bad reputation that they needed a fresh start.

Turn up the volume on your pc or phone... you can literally hear that grill rusting just from the picture.

Back