I will just leave this here

Yep, it looks like the Generation II grills still have the problem with rust. Even the open cart models have shown signs of rusting after only a couple years. But, I certainly would not put them down on the same level as Charbroil.

Sam: Yes, Sean is correct. The lids are interchangeable, but the actual cook boxes are not the same overall and cannot be interchanged.

Looks like a perfect grill fetcher to me! No worries about stuff blowing off the truck bed but room to stand up a grill vertical instead of finagling to lay it down like in my minivan.

Looks like a perfect grill fetcher to me! No worries about stuff blowing off the truck bed but room to stand up a grill vertical instead of finagling to lay it down like in my minivan.
Yes because it is so tall they Stand up well. I have folding aluminum ramps so no one has to lift it in. I just have to make sure I tie them up. Because I did not tie a Spirit once and I busted a window.

20200914_080117.jpg

Aluminum Ramps 4.jpg

Last edited:
We have a Toyota Sienna and I had 3 Genesis Silver grills In there upright at one point. One of them being a Silver C. Lids removed of course. Trucks are overrated.

That is interesting. I would like to see how that was plumbed.
The gas line? Those type of old grills with h-style burners usually have a small gas valve/manifold assembly that bolts onto the front panel by two screws. The lp regulator male flare fitting is in the middle. There's no gas lines to plumb when moving the entire firebox/front panel assembly to another frame.

The only BM I have experience with had the venturi tubes and valves that went down about 6" into the mounting pole to where the control knobs were. The grill itself looked just like that one, butt yah, I guess with the control us in front of the cook box like that one, they venturi tubes would have to be different.

Yeah, Bruce, the less "ancient" Broilmasters have venturi tubes that do a right angle turn so that the controls could be moved up to the front of the grill instead of way down below. The firebox and control panel are all connected and just drop in whatever cart you are using.

That's an interesting idea. I saw where someone has mounted a Broilmaster grill on a Weber Q cart. It looks kind of off to me, but...

Back