I will just leave this here

Look, you guys, if you only knew how hard this is for me...just buy the darn thing (the blue) and let's be done with it. If it's still there in the morning I may not be able to restrain myself...fair warning.

EDIT: Is there a Hot LIne for Weberitis? I-800-CALL-BRUCE?

(I apologize for making light of hot lines...no malice intended.)

Last edited:
So I told myself no more grills until I get the projects I already got going buttoned up and I’ve brought home 3 more! One new in box q1000, 2020 model for $70. One very clean and nice 2006 q100 with cart and 3 propane bottles for $20. One black Genesis silver b in fantastic shape for free. When it rains it pours. Feeling a little overwhelmed, but It’s hard to pass up a good deal. I did order one of those solid SS stanbroil grates for my q200 as well. I’ll give a report on that after it arrives.

Last edited:
I don't think I'm going out on a limb by saying this seller at the very least reads the forum here, or is even one of our members. There's a huge giveaway on the emblem.

Edit:
I just read the "Silver A" part of the add. Makes me think not a member but casual reader of the forums. Possibly comes here to get how to info for flipping. But I could be wrong.

Last edited:
I just read the "Silver A" part of the add. Makes me think not a member but casual reader of the forums. Possibly comes here to get how to info for flipping. But I could be wrong.
Seller calls it semi custom. It does look like a shallow 5-bar firebox, so that could be from a Silver A. Is this what Jon Tofte wants to put together?

Where are the flavorizer bars???

Edit: Were the two burner Skylines essentially a Spirit with the Skyline hood? I didn't realize that the Spirits of that era were 5 bar boxes. I was under the mistaken impression that the 5 bar boxes started with the Silver/Gold/Platinum series grills.

Last edited:
Seller calls it semi custom. It does look like a shallow 5-bar firebox, so that could be from a Silver A. Is this what Jon Tofte wants to put together?

I was going by the wood lid handle and shelf slats thinking not a Silver. Plus I didn't think the Skyline was still available when the silver was produced. I suppose it could be a Frankingrill.

I was wondering about the flavor bars also my guess just did not put them in for the picture. I believe that is a Weber Genesis Spirit 500 which they might of changed the handle to old style and for the left table substituted the plastic which they came with added z bars and the wood. That was a shallow box the first one I believe 1999 no casters if you notice this grill did not have them. Jeff did a 700 added casters to it.

Edit: Jason yes I think it could be a Frankingrill.

I was going by the wood lid handle and shelf slats thinking not a Silver. Plus I didn't think the Skyline was still available when the silver was produced. I suppose it could be a Frankingrill.
I was thrown off by the 5 bar box. Learn something new everyday about these grills.
Edit: I think it is a 520 LP that's been modded with a wood table and handle:
Skyline520.jpg

Last edited:
This is a picture of the original spirit notice the bottom rack which seems to match this one also I think the dead giveaway is the large drip tray looks grey or whatever not black.

1600376110563.png

I was thrown off by the 5 bar box. Learn something new everyday about these grills.
Edit: I think it is a 520 LP that's been modded with a wood table and handle:
View attachment 14311
J that for sure is what it probably was so basically a special edition of the 500 which had wood on the left side instead of the plastic which I assume they sanded and stained then changed out the handle.

I think the grey-looking tray might be an aluminum alternative offered for the Spirit line to keep the cost down.

What's everyone's preference for replacement burner tubes (#7508) from Amazon? I ordered a set from Qulimetal and they seem pretty good.

Back