I will just leave this here

It was a small chip on that lid. I normally would just dump the lid and find a different one, but that one was part of a matching pair (a 2 burner and 3 burner green head set).

Still no interior shots. Is that dust on the black caster from red georgia clay or rust dust that's fallen down from the non=SS floorpan above?

This guy slowly lowering the price

So, new lid, new cook box, brand new guts, propane tank, etc? $600+ of new parts and he's selling for $265. Something doesn't smell right. Are those rust stains on the left caster?

"- New Stainless steel cooking grates (a $60.99 value) - New Lid assembly (a $252.84 value) - New Bottom cook box (a $198.12 value) - New Warming rack unit (a $27.99 value) - New Bottom accessory panel (a $193.50 value) - New Rear panel (a $23.32 value)"

No, I kind of think the guy did some kind of mod job on it. Probably some paint or something. This is the Wisconsin Badgers logo and I really don't think Weber did any kind of promo with them.

This guy slowly lowering the price

Looking at the right side swing up table and how crooked it hangs this is probably an idication that the weld is broken. The welds of the frame extension pieces like to fail on these SS frames. I have two of these grills and 7 of 8 frame extension pieces had failed welds.

Looking at the right side swing up table and how crooked it hangs this is probably an idication that the weld is broken. The welds of the frame extension pieces like to fail on these SS frames. I have two of these grills and 7 of 8 frame extension pieces had failed welds.

Yeah, Stefan, good point. That is another weak point. I was able to repair mine with a machine screw concealed by the tray. I don't know a lot about welding, but I don't think stainless steel takes to it nearly as well as regular steel.

My son is a welder and should be here in a couple weeks. I may get with him on that subject and maybe even have him show me how to do the welds with SS on my platinum while he is here.

This seems a little fishy to me

OK..
It reminds me of the story of a shopping mall that had an ATM inside. A group of guys in "work" uniforms showed up, detached it from the floor, and hauled it away in their van with no one questioning what they were doing. Stealing in the wide open!

Back