I will just leave this here

There was one near me recently with a Ralphs logo, and then another with Snap-On, both of them redheads...are the ones with logos more highly prized (more desirable) than the everyday garden variety? I'd imagine it depends on the logo.

Last edited:
There was one near me recently with a Ralphs logo, and then another with Snap-On, both of them redheads...are the ones with logos more highly prized (more desirable) than the everyday garden variety? I'd imagine it depends on the logo.
I don't think they are more desirable. Unless you find a buyer who is really looking for one. Weber had a few gas grills in the past with various brand names on it. I have never seen them going fast or being more expensive. I personally don't like them but this me and I don't like merchandise in general. I don't like the idea of paying for products with a logo to make free advertisement for a brand.

Here's one of those Spirit grills that I'm convinced were intended for export (minimal printing on the control panel). Notice the angle on the badge...that's a first for me. $100

View attachment 13315View attachment 13316View attachment 13317
That is pricey for a Spirit which is basically a cheaper version of the old Genesis Silber B with the foldup table left off. And you cannot retrofit them either because the frames no longer have the welded on brackets for the foldup tables.

That is pricey for a Spirit which is basically a cheaper version of the old Genesis Silber B with the foldup table left off. And you cannot retrofit them either because the frames no longer have the welded on brackets for the foldup tables.
Yeah, I'm not interested in buying, I'm trying to figure out why they left off the printing on the control panel and export is the only reason I can think of, intended for a country with a different language or alphabet. Were they made in the US?

What would you guys pay for a stainless genesis platinum that has never been used? There is one kind of local, guy is asking $225 but the cook box, lid, flavor bars, grates etc all look brand new like they have never been used. It has a few rust spots but really looks new.. or he spray painted absolutely everything.

What would you guys pay for a stainless genesis platinum that has never been used? There is one kind of local, guy is asking $225 but the cook box, lid, flavor bars, grates etc all look brand new like they have never been used. It has a few rust spots but really looks new.. or he spray painted absolutely everything.
I wouldn't pay that much. I probably wouldn't even begin to become interested until it got down below $100, but then that's not the kind of grill that I find appealing. It's a pretty narrow market that varies according to location. The best way to find out the value is to watch it until it sells.

How much would you pay?

I kind of think $200 for an unused grill is pretty solid, especially one of the ones with the stainless frames. But, thats why I am asking. I want to buy it, not watch it sell, I just needed a check to see if it is way too much.

Attachments

• grill1.jpg
    grill1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 33
  • grill2.jpg
    grill2.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 34
That is an awesome grill. If the cabinet is in great shape as well as how you describe the rest, it is worth $225. But, I wouldn't pay that. I would find one for $50 and rehab it. Also, keep in mind that is a NG grill and if you want to run it on propane, you are going to have to drop in an LP manifold.

I kind of think $200 for an unused grill is pretty solid, especially one of the ones with the stainless frames. But, thats why I am asking. I want to buy it, not watch it sell, I just needed a check to see if it is way too much.
Really, the only opinion that matters is yours. If it's what you want and something you plan on keeping and using, I don't think $225 is too much to pay...these grills are well made and last a long time. People pay in the $300 -$400 range for one of Bruce's rehabs, so $225 seems reasonable. I agree with Bruce as far as rehabbing goes, but that might not be your cup of tea.

I thought you might be thinking of flipping this grill for an instant profit.

EDIT: How long has it been up for sale?

Last edited:
Naw, this is a keeper. I have a hastily refurbed silver b i'd like to replace, I started this whole thing with a genesis platinum 3 or 4000 cabinet, the legs were really rusted out and I haven't gotten back to work on it. I figured buying a "new" grill, cleaning up the rust and putting it to use is my best shot with the minimal time i have. i still have 2 others i'd like the rehab to sell.

It's a lot of cash and a good long ride to get it though. Just looking for opinions.

Thanks!

Id be all over that but I would definitely try to negotiate with a lowball offer.

Id be all over that but I would definitely try to negotiate with a lowball offer.
I tried, price was $225, he took $200. I bit and drove 3 hours round trip. It has some weathering and a few rust spots. But definitely seems to be new. I probably over paid in most people's eyes, but I have a grill with new cook box, Burners, heat shields, grates, grease tray and lid though i intend to change that with a colored one.
Can i use a lid from an older genesis with the lid sides from the platinum?

Rich, if that is a keeper grill and you are not into doing a lot of cleaning and painting, I think you did VERY well.

I don't think you can put those end caps on a regular colored lid. But any colored Genesis three burner lid from about 1985 to 2005 with its original end caps should fit that grill.

I probably over paid in most people's eyes
You paid exactly the right price (what it was worth to you) and that's all that matters. It's your grill now!
I have a grill with new cook box, Burners, heat shields, grates, grease tray and lid though i intend to change that with a colored one.
Now you're talkin'! What's first up on the menu?

Can i use a lid from an older genesis with the lid sides from the platinum?

Rich,
Unfortunately not...see post 19.

Jeff

Back