I will just leave this here

I have seen a couple “blackout” custom Webers. How about a “Silverout?”

I will be surprised if he can get $50 for that thing. That is horrible. But, a little paint thinner would do a lot for it.

Did he paint the flavorizor bars?
I think he covered them with aluminum foil.

On a separate topic, I’m also a member of the Skyline club. Picked this up for $35 with a full tank of propane. The grill is in pretty good condition. No rust on the frame. One burner tube has a split along the length. The grease pan holder has some rust on the fingers that attach to the tray. The propane tank looks to be original to the grill as it has the quick disconnect and a date stamp of 1997. I’ll have to ask the seller if she was able to get it refilled without any issues.

Attachments

• 09643918-65DD-47F9-A17B-EE715329EC14.jpeg
    09643918-65DD-47F9-A17B-EE715329EC14.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 31
  • E0CCE4B8-0A4E-495B-B104-C1B81239B7C3.jpeg
    E0CCE4B8-0A4E-495B-B104-C1B81239B7C3.jpeg
    224.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 7D310A37-808D-4FDD-9615-899DCF07A7F2.jpeg
    7D310A37-808D-4FDD-9615-899DCF07A7F2.jpeg
    241.8 KB · Views: 28
  • BCA8CD2C-36D0-44D7-97BB-38C9A405A8BF.jpeg
    BCA8CD2C-36D0-44D7-97BB-38C9A405A8BF.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 22
Nice. It looks like the lid has some of the Weber Fade however. As do most of them. That piece on the left hand side table is actually meant as a shroud on the right side just under the control panel. The grill is also missing the wire condiment basket that goes just below the control panel.

But overall, it looks like a good grill for rehabbing. And it will punch your ticket into the Skyline club.

Picking this up tomorrow. I thought it was natural gas, but I am assured it is propane. Anybody know what model Genesis this is from looking at this picture? I'm thinking 1100 or 2, but I don't know a lot. I just wanted a redhead with the wood. It is only $15 so I probably can't lose.

1601236606487.png

It's hard to see if there is a right side work table and if there are casters on the left side. If there is a right side work table and no casters it's a 2 if casters a 2000 if no work table it's either a 1 or a 1xxx
It appears due to no visible tank scale it's a NG model as well.

It's hard to see if there is a right side work table and if there are casters on the left side. If there is a right side work table and no casters it's a 2 if casters a 2000 if no work table it's either a 1 or a 1xxx

It looked like a NG model to me as well. Hope I don't waste a trip tomorrow. It's only a half hour, but still.

I see a tank scale and the bracket that holds the LP tank mount...
It looks like there are two wood parts for the bottom and three for the two work surfaces and the swing up table and they are in good shape.

Hard to see if it has the casters or not.

For $15, I'd buy it all day long.

Gerry

Last edited:
Oh heck yeah!

EDIT: The more I see it the more I like it! The wood looks nice, and all the tables are there. Too bad it's 1100 miles from me...that long hose makes you think it's NG, but maybe it's a loooooong propane hose.

Last edited:
Oh heck yeah!

EDIT: The more I see it the more I like it! The wood looks nice, and all the tables are there. Too bad it's 1100 miles from me...that long hose makes you think it's NG, but maybe it's a loooooong propane hose.

That is what I am hoping. I love the redheads with wood tables and handle.

Nice. It looks like the lid has some of the Weber Fade however.
I didn’t notice any fade but I’ll take a closer look tomorrow. The hood has some grime and dust that you see in the pictures Plus the sunlight is causing some glare.

The grill is also missing the wire condiment basket that goes just below the control panel.

The condiment basket is there on the bottom rack below the burners.

I think he covered them with aluminum foil.

On a separate topic, I’m also a member of the Skyline club. Picked this up for $35 with a full tank of propane. The grill is in pretty good condition. No rust on the frame. One burner tube has a split along the length. The grease pan holder has some rust on the fingers that attach to the tray. The propane tank looks to be original to the grill as it has the quick disconnect and a date stamp of 1997. I’ll have to ask the seller if she was able to get it refilled without any issues.

Nice looking grill. I think your best bet is to just swap out the regulator with a normal screw on one. It's an easy swap. You can grab one from an old grill or buy a new one for $20-30. I took one off a Silver A and it fit just fine.
For the old quick connect tank, you can take it to an exchange-a-tank place and they will give you a screw on one.
More than likely that quick connect tank is out dated.

I cleaned up that same grill recently and gave to my my mother-in-law. I was able to use a cup brush/angle grinder to clean up the flavor bars....they were stainless steel. The burners on mine were in good shape too, but replacement ones are cheap enough. I also bought SS rod grates for it too.
Cool looking grills and good cookers.

I didn’t notice any fade but I’ll take a closer look tomorrow. The hood has some grime and dust that you see in the pictures Plus the sunlight is causing some glare.

The condiment basket is there on the bottom rack below the burners.
Bill, the part of the hood that is most affected is middle front on top. You will need to clean it up up to see if it is fade or just dust/dirt.
Glad it still has that basket.

Back