I will just leave this here

Cool! But I need one. Bruce told me that picking up grills in a minivan is not cool, and I have to agree. Certainly not as flexible and spacious.

That would be an easy fix. Simply clean the burners and spider guards (or remove the guards as most likely melted), get new knobs a good cleaning and it's off to the races.

I hardly ever need a truck or more space than my wife's old van or my old SUV can hold. And if these cars are not enough I rent a trailer. The cheapest open box U-Haul trailer is about $20 for 24h. And these galvanized steel trailers from U-Haul are tough as nails. They also have high side walls with railings to strap down the cargo.

Yes, but my minivan can’t even pull a U-Haul trailer😳. I dream of a big old Dodge truck - the first generation with the “Freightliner” look. Then put a “My Old Grill” sign on it, and I am ready to go!

I find it odd that you think your van could not pull a trailer.

I guess, technically, my Odyssey can tow 3,500 pounds if empty. I suppose with a hitch I could pull a very small U-Haul trailer with a few grills inside. I have never thought of my light duty, front wheel drive van as something that can tow, but I guess I need to look into it more. Thanks for asking the question!

I guess, technically, my Odyssey can tow 3,500 pounds if empty. I suppose with a hitch I could pull a very small U-Haul trailer with a few grills inside. I have never thought of my light duty, front wheel drive van as something that can tow, but I guess I need to look into it more. Thanks for asking the question!
They're actually quite capable. I just sold my boat a few weeks ago, but I pulled that boat all over the place with my Chrysler vans, with my little 4 banger Saturn Vue with 4cyl and 5spd manual, my Infiniti QX4, and most recently with my Toyota Highlander 2001 3.0 V6. Of these only the QX4 was a "truck based" vehicle. Of course we're not talking a yacht here either. It was a 14' resort style deep V tiller steer

I towed an 18 ft travel trailer with my Ford Windstar back in the day. A utility trailer with a few grills on it would be easy. A lot cheaper to run than a truck if you really don’t need it for other things. I do still miss my F150 4X4 though. 😢

I love my truck. When I see a curb alert Weber and want to go, I just jump in and go. That extra 10 minutes of hooking up the trailer and all is a pain and time consuming. But, yah, unless you will really be using a truck as a truck, it is probably better to just get a cargo trailer for a few grill pickups a year.

I am guessing that the only way to take apart this LP level indicator from my Genesis 2 is to drill out 2 of these pins and eventually replace them with bolts. If there is another way I would love to know it. I am just going to do this restore slowly over the winter so I am in no rush. I would like to do it right though and have a long lasting grill after I am done.

1601604554483.png

I am guessing that the only way to take apart this LP level indicator from my Genesis 2 is to drill out 2 of these pins and eventually replace them with bolts. If there is another way I would love to know it. I am just going to do this restore slowly over the winter so I am in no rush. I would like to do it right though and have a long lasting grill after I am done.

View attachment 15298

That looks pretty rough. If it were me, I'd try to salvage one from another grill. Or buy a new one.

You can buy a 5x8" utility trailer for under $1000 that will easily tow behind a basic family van. You can easily fit 4 or 5 Genesis grills on one of those. I have six on mine. You would still be way below the 3500 lbs.

View attachment 15260
Where you picking up, delivering or what in this photo? If a pickup - how did you find so many? I put a hitch and cargo rack on the back of the van to pickup grills. Before that I was laying them down inside.

Joe, those are pickups. I had a guy contact me who had a bunch of Genesis 1000 grills in storage. I guess he had designs on rehabbing them and lost interest. He offered them up to me.

Back