I will just leave this here

OK, this isn't gas grill stuff but it is restorer oriented. Bruce gave us this thread as a way to throw out different things of interest. Among my other hobbies (as if I needed any more :rolleyes: ) I sometimes dabble in restoring old tools. Our organization's Thrift Store occasionally gets badly neglected tools that someone turns in thinking they are junk. This is the 3rd monkey wrench I have done for our store. One was a really high-end one from a company called ProTo. Look it up and you will see they make high quality hand tools for professionals right here in the US. The 2nd was just a cheap Kobalt from Lowe's. It was fun because of the blue color.

The latest one I did falls in between. I always thought that RIDGID was a Home Depot house brand name for import-built tools marketed by HD. Turns out that it is actually an old AMERICAN tool company that still makes hand tools here in the US. Home Depot licensed their name for power tools, but the hand tools are USA made by the original company.

Here is a before and after. This is called an "End Wrench" - a 14" version. Made for working in tighter spaces. You can see our store had little chance of selling the "Before" version:

Wrenches.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I remember the Rigid name going back to when I was a little guy. Over 100 years ago LOL Nice job on the wrench BTW

Unlike Stefan's impeccably clean and perfectly restored beauty...

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/for/d/west-hollywood-weber-bbq-grill-gas/7131011977.html

WEBER BBQ GRILL GAS ULTIMATE - $460 (Beverly Hills ADJACENT)

Beverly Hills Adjacent is a local real estate term that means "no where near Beverly Hills."

00g0g_i0U2tn2m94u_0ak07K_1200x900.jpg

ULTIMATE WEBER BBQ GRILL GAS - costs over $1400 new
This one is not new, but it is still great.
If you know what is great, that is the grill for you.
That is the Best Name of the Grills. Very Heavy Grid.
Grid is a very heavy duty cast iron, very expensive
GOOD CONDITION

Unlike Stefan's impeccably clean and perfectly restored beauty...

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/for/d/west-hollywood-weber-bbq-grill-gas/7131011977.html

WEBER BBQ GRILL GAS ULTIMATE - $460 (Beverly Hills ADJACENT)

Beverly Hills Adjacent is a local real estate term that means "no where near Beverly Hills."

00g0g_i0U2tn2m94u_0ak07K_1200x900.jpg

ULTIMATE WEBER BBQ GRILL GAS - costs over $1400 new
This one is not new, but it is still great.
If you know what is great, that is the grill for you.
That is the Best Name of the Grills. Very Heavy Grid.
Grid is a very heavy duty cast iron, very expensive
GOOD CONDITION
I would strongly suspect this is a scam.

OK, this isn't gas grill stuff but it is restorer oriented. Bruce gave us this thread as a way to throw out different things of interest. Among my other hobbies (as if I needed any more :rolleyes: ) I sometimes dabble in restoring old tools. Our organization's Thrift Store occasionally gets badly neglected tools that someone turns in thinking they are junk. This is the 3rd monkey wrench I have done for our store. One was a really high-end one from a company called ProTo. Look it up and you will see they make high quality hand tools for professionals right here in the US. The 2nd was just a cheap Kobalt from Lowe's. It was fun because of the blue color.

The latest one I did falls in between. I always thought that RIDGID was a Home Depot house brand name for import-built tools marketed by HD. Turns out that it is actually an old AMERICAN tool company that still makes hand tools here in the US. Home Depot licensed their name for power tools, but the hand tools are USA made by the original company.

Here is a before and after. This is called an "End Wrench" - a 14" version. Made for working in tighter spaces. You can see our store had little chance of selling the "Before" version:

View attachment 5804
Jon did you have to post this???? lol
Yes I have some old tools too which do work well but look awful. Now i want to restore them as well. But then it is just a tool.

Attachments

• EC53C669-1AD0-43C0-8C56-962B58A370D4.jpeg
    EC53C669-1AD0-43C0-8C56-962B58A370D4.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 18
But since Jon brought up wrenches I am straying too.
My other restoration objects are bicycles. Not just normal ones but mostly recumbents and semi recumbent bikes and old style European upright bikes. I normally commute by bike to work and since I have been working from home I try to get my daily 10-15 mile ride in every day before I start working from home. I try to get to 2,000 to 3,000 miles a year. plus I try to run all my errands by bike. All my bikes are at least 15 - 25 years old. The oldest is an 87 or 88 Dutch Gazelle. The latest project is a tandem recumbent from BikeE which I want to convert into a cargo bike for shopping. This was a recumbent bike company based in Oregon which went belly up in 2003 after about 10 years. Great comfy bikes. The rear seat has been taking off. Next step panniers mounts. I call it the STICK.

Attachments

• A68C0F70-4114-4DC0-89E8-CEA45CC514D9.jpeg
    A68C0F70-4114-4DC0-89E8-CEA45CC514D9.jpeg
    220.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 03EFDFE3-42E5-4122-A4DA-D881C7B9800A.jpeg
    03EFDFE3-42E5-4122-A4DA-D881C7B9800A.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 21
Stefan, those are pretty cool. I have seen bikes here in Florida with a low sitting position and long-slung like that, but they are always 3-wheelers.

So, what makes this a "Platinum" version besides the word "platinum" on the lid?
Did it simply come with some premium grates and flavorizer bars or what?

Platinum.jpg

Back