I will just leave this here

Just toss the rusty rack and forget about it.
Turns out after I cleaned it, it was only half rusty!
But in the meantime, THIS (pic attached) followed me home!
Needs a crossover tube and igniter and a real heavy cleaning.
The 3000LX smoked for 45 minutes, 15 of which was without the gas on, it was so dirty.
Pegged the hood thermometer with the gas valve shut-off. Twice!

Attachments

• IMG_0126[1].JPG
    IMG_0126[1].JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 21
As used as this one is I would not touch it. And the heat marks on the front panel show why I don’t like stainless steel around the firebox. It just looks ugly after years.

Turns out after I cleaned it, it was only half rusty!
But in the meantime, THIS (pic attached) followed me home!
Needs a crossover tube and igniter and a real heavy cleaning.
The 3000LX smoked for 45 minutes, 15 of which was without the gas on, it was so dirty.
Pegged the hood thermometer with the gas valve shut-off. Twice!

I love a good burn off. Just be careful with those really greasy ones.
Out of control fires can warp the fire box.

That's a good price for that WSM and all those wood chunks. will probably be gone pretty quick. Lots of the smokers have been popping up lately it seems. Maybe people are getting Eggs or something and selling off the WSMs?

I was lucky to find one of these 18” WSM when some HD stores sold them off last year. Got it for $99. Sold it for $200. I should have grabbed all three. But I told some local Weber guys about the other 2 and all were happy.

Or maybe the Smokefire line is eating into their WSM line a little bit.

Kyle and I were talking about a similar issue last week.... I always look around on
a buy ... for sale sign in the yard = moving. Grill w/ tank = pellet grill. Often times
people put it right in the ad to begin with. None of the above, I will ask in small talk
why they are getting rid of it ..... Pellet grill is still #1 this year (NOT A SINGLE SMOKE FIRE)
coming in at a very close #2 spot - are the flat top griddles. Lots of folks buying those
this year.

I picked up a crimson performer last week. Guy said he was getting rid of it because he bought a Blackstone. So puzzling how a griddle-only grill can replace a kettle.

The guy selling that red kettle for $150 will probably get close to that if it's in good shape, can't tell from the picture.

Back