I will just leave this here

$799 at every store near me and all list it as sold out.

Brickseek was showing one in stock at the 36801 store at the clearance price. Went in store and couldn’t find it. Employee said must be a stock error. I did read though that lots of folks over the country were able to get those genesis for sub $300 new. Guess you just have to have a little luck to score one of those

I'm never able to successfully get in on one of these Lowe's clearance deals, it's worth a look if you are near a store.

Brand New Genesis grill for $250ish

https://brickseek.com/lowes-inventory-checker/?sku=1000705634

I'm going to check a local store tomorrow but doubt I will find one.

I have never found those things to work for me at all. But, Lowes seems to be making room on their shelves and getting rid of some Weber stuff. Over the past few months I have picked up bargains on red aprons (one for a gift), another black mitt (also for a gift), a couple set of charcoal holders for my kettles, and this super markdown:

Y3ke9iL.jpg

A Weber rib rack, regularly $16.96. Marked down 75% to just $4.24!!! Probably not the best rib rack, but for $4.24 I couldn't resist taking the last one:eek:.

Yes I have seen these as well but not bough one yet. I assume they are chrome plated and not SS. Correct?
But I got me the $3 apron two weeks ago. Lowe's also has Flavorizer bars for the gassers with the side control on sale. 50% off on the ones for the 3-Burner Genesis prior to 2006 and later Spirits and 75% off on the ones for the Sidewinder. So if you need to some to flip a grill here is your chance to get some cheap parts.
They also have a Charbroil cover for sale for $5 which fits the 22" kettle and the Q2200 on a cart. The price even shows online:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Char-Broil-21-in-Black-Vertical-Smoker-Cover/1000367553

Plus I have seen discounts on generic parts such as propane hoses and some smoker covers.

Yes, definitely nickel chrome plated steel.

My Lowe's doesn't have as many gas grill parts on sale or at any price. From another comment posted about Home Depot in a different thread, it looks to me like the big box stores are thinning out their Weber parts and gas grills. Probably can't compete with on-line pricing and availability. It makes more sense for them to sell cheap fake stainless grills by the barrels full and offer a more limited selection of better stuff. I am sure the SmokeFire will be in that latter category.

The handle isn't even a Genesis X000 handle though. It is from a Silver B/C. As long as the paint holds well to the durawood, that is fine, but if it flakes or scratches off, it won't look so nice. But it looks nice now.

This one is a little different ....

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/605345890239873/

I actually don't hate the painted Durawood. Price looks a little high considering
the lower slats are missing, and the inside looks like it was just cooked on.

It is different, but in a kind of nice sort of way. I actually like how he matched the handle with the slats. Not as sure how it will hold up. It gets me to thinking about using Trex or some other composite deck material which is available in a number of colors. If you had the right tools and skills you might even be able to fabricate a matching handle. A variety of possible looks AND able to be cleaned without worry.

https://www.trex.com/inspiration/co...ClDv4NAZMgpGAZdgBYIpVpFx7ki7Uw6RoCz40QAvD_BwE

Kyle,
Better watch out! You have Weberitous! Some of us can tell you all about it...

That looks to be worth it for ten bucks. I can't talk, I have TWO Smokey Joes in my home office just for display:rolleyes:!

Dave: You like those side burner grills, huh.
Yah, it does look like a good rehab candidate, but my guess is you never get your hands on that thing.
I had a guy a couple years ago with a similar grill that was asking about 300 for his grill. It sat on CL for about 3 months before I finally offered $75 for it. He came back saying he paid $500 for the grill and if he had to give it away, he would rather take it to the dump. I don't know what ultimately happened to the grill, but it came off CL about a week later.

Back