I will just leave this here

All these new Webers going dirt cheap makes me a little scared to post up my latest rehab:

https://madison.craigslist.org/for/d/weber-genesis-1000-redhead/6687968371.html

Good thing they are only selling a couple of these new grills per store for clearance prices or the flipping market would collapse.

Bruce,

Yours is top drawer once again and head and shoulders above any grill - even clearance - in the big box stores at anything close to that price. I say paint the kettle logo part red and raise the price:cool:!

Jon

Duh, then why bother to ask if it is still available.

Same here, and I do not understand it. It is a particular problem with Market Place.
I would say 15 to 20% of my inquiries ask it is available, then when I reply that it is.
nothing but crickets.

Dave, that is because there is a nice easy little button on every listing and if a user clicks it, it automatically sends that response to the seller. It is just too easy for people to scroll through the listings and click that button on everything they see. FB should make them actually enter a response rather than allowing them to send those default responses. It would shut down a lot of the trolls.

I don't think it's trolls. I hate to tell you how many times when looking at something in my mobile fb app I have accidentally sent that response. It's just the bad way the mobile app is set up

Larry is probably right, I have done it myself. But only when i really wanted to contact someone. When I click that default message button and realize it, I always send a followup message with detail on my inquiry. I have had the same people send that message on different listings. Then no further communication. I agree, it is a poorly designed feature on FB.

***Please do not use the "Is this available?" button. If the ad is up, assume that the item is available, and your first question should be *anything* but that. I will not respond***

It is incredibly easy to hit that button by mistake, especially from a mobile device. I don't bother responding anymore (nor have I ever sold anything to a buyer that used that feature).

https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/for/d/weber-genesis-gold-grill/6686625228.html

Does anyone think this is worth picking up?
Not sure I really want to drive up that far from me tonight in this heatwave and tomorrow night I have plans, but if it is still available on Thursday I might have a harder time saying no.
It's only $40, after all.

I really like the Genesis Gold stainless lid with stainless handle. It is a shame this one has a dent, but I may still swap it onto my Silver B if I were to get it.

I do not need the extra side burner, so it wouldn't be a keeper grill for me.
Probably just a good cleanup and re-sell grill at the price.

Sure. that grill is worth it in parts alone. Offer $25 for it and see what they say. It will help defer the cost of gas.
I would think you can turn that into a $250-$300 grill for flipping with the work and maybe some investment for parts.

Sure. that grill is worth it in parts alone. Offer $25 for it and see what they say. It will help defer the cost of gas.
I would think you can turn that into a $250-$300 grill for flipping with the work and maybe some investment for parts.

Even with the dent in the lid?
Although, as I said, I really like that lid - I might keep it for myself and swap my Silver B lid onto it.

Edit - I sent an email

Last edited:
Yah, I didn't read that far into your post. But, yah, you could always swan on a different lid. But on a closer look, I would question the frame on the right side between the control panel and extra burner. It looks like it was bent there or sagging for some reason. It could just be the picture angle, but I would check that out carefully. The bottom shelf is likely a total loss.

I don't know how far the drive is, but if you could get it for $25, it still has more than that in parts. The extra burner could likely be resold pretty easily for $25 alone. The shelves, control panel etc are all good parts.

I would call the guy and ask more about the condition of certain parts and maybe request a couple more photos. Then offer $25 if you are still interested.

Even with the dent in the lid?
Although, as I said, I really like that lid - I might keep it for myself and swap my Silver B lid onto it.

Edit - I sent an email

The stainless lid is not all that's cracked up to be, especially when the inner liner is usually rusting in pieces.

However... if you have your heart set on the stainless. I have a stainless lid that already has the inner liner removed (I don't have the endcaps, just the stainless lid portion). It will need a thorough (aka Dave in KC-level) cleaning.

I'd entertain a trade for your '05 Silver lid that you just picked up.

Last edited:
The guy never got back to me - he must have sold it. No worries, I didn't have my heart set on having to drive to get it anyway.

The stainless lid is not all that's cracked up to be, especially when the inner liner is usually rusting in pieces.

However... if you have your heart set on the stainless. I have a stainless lid that already has the inner liner removed (I don't have the endcaps, just the stainless lid portion). It will need a thorough (aka Dave in KC-level) cleaning.

I'd entertain a trade for your '05 Silver lid that you just picked up.

That's a very generous offer JKim - thank you! - I PM'ed you.

What are the drawbacks to the stainless lid other than the inner liner rusting out?
If you look at Dave's work on his latest Gold C, it looks like it cleaned up really well with some elbow grease.
I can't imagine it will be any worse looking than a regular black lid after some cooking with it.
I love the stainless handle and lid - I just think they are a great look, comparable only in my eyes to the colored lids of the earlier Webers.
The black is nice, but boring.

There really is nothing wrong with them. Though be aware that without the inner liner the steel will turn "blue". It can polish off though but it comes back in rapid order. I used to spend countless hours polishing the bluing off my motorcycle pipes with Simichrome many years ago. Tedious work.

Anyone in the ATL not a Skyline but graphics its a Platinum Series so I think its different. Looks in good shape not sure what model this is not seen one with that plastic tool holder on the right side before, think the handle is plastic also not sure its not a 1000 but if I did not just pick up a redhead and I was retired probably would have made an offer on this.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/app/d/weber-platinum-series-propane/6643976516.html

Anyone in the ATL not a Skyline but graphics its a Platinum Series so I think its different. Looks in good shape not sure what model this is not seen one with that plastic tool holder on the right side before, think the handle is plastic also not sure its not a 1000 but if I did not just pick up a redhead and I was retired probably would have made an offer on this.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/app/d/weber-platinum-series-propane/6643976516.html

I kind of like that one. I think he added on a newer Silver tool endcap that wasn't original to that grill. I am planning on doing the same with my Skyline that can't seem to get finished:mad:.

Yah, I didn't notice that, but you are right. That end cap doesn't match the Genesis 1000 vintage of the grill itself. Not that I don't like it, it just isn't stock. In fact, he could have probably put one on the left side. But I am not sure if the swing table pivot would match up to the Genesis 1000 one.

Back